cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ad Hoc Videoconference Times Out

ronaldcamp
Level 1
Level 1

First a disclaimer: I am not IT. I am an educational videographer with some basic troubleshooting skills who got the the job of assisting end users for videoconferencing. I am an admin on the TMS.

New TMS was set up for addition of new SX20 units across several facilities. One of these new endpoints is used for a multi-point conference that is managed by a third party service provider. Our connection to their site is dropping off at 30 minutes. We reconnect and then drop off again 30 minutes later. The call log of our endpoint shows the cause of the disconnection as remote disconnection. The service provider cannot see anything on their end that would cause the disconnection. This is an ad hoc connection, not pre-scheduled.

Any settings on the endpoint or on the TMS that I should look for?

Endpoint details:

Product:Cisco TelePresence SX20

Software version:ce 8.2.2 Final 3263c59 2016-09-26

Installed options:None

Cisco TMS:  Version: 15.1.0

2 Replies 2

Joe Vallender
Level 3
Level 3

This sounds like a timer issue in a switch/router/firewall along the path. One of the TCP/UDP streams is not being kept active due to a timer set too long. A device along the way has closed the connection since its shorter timer expired. Since no response comes back for the TCP/UDP stream, the connection is closed killing the call.

A packet capture capturing the 30th minute prior to the call dropping will show which stream is being closed. There have been many discussions on timer issues. Here's one I had on VTCTalk: http://www.vtctalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42189&highlight=timer

Thanks for the response. I will pass this along to the network people.