cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding systems in TMS

Peter Anders
Level 1
Level 1

I am configuring TMS to monitor managed systems however I cannot complete this through" Add systems" within TMS as it ends up saying timing out saying system not found . I am able to ping/telnet the endpoint and I can also access the web interface.

I have also tried to add the system as a room with the MAC addrerss and IP and this worked successfully.

The communications from the TMS server to the endpoints is not blocking anything

What might be the issues?

7 Replies 7

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

You need to provide a bit more information than that; what type of systems? TANDBERG MXPs, Cisco C-series, Polycom, LifeSize etc.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

mahkrish
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Peter, Also let us know the TMS software version installed and attach the error screenshot.

BR, Mahesh Adithiyha

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Peter,

Were you able to resolve your issue ?

I am running into the same issue and I wondering if you could share what you did to resolve your issue. I am running TMS 14.2.1 and I am trying to an SX20 endpoint and getting a "system not found" error.

Thanks in advance !!

Danny

Peter and Danny,

Assuming you're adding a C-Series codec, make sure to have XMLAPI enabled under NetworkServices in System configuration.

Hope that helps!

Thomas

Hi Thomas !! thanks for responding to my post !!

My SX20 is running TC6.0 and XMLAPI is enabled. I have 5 other SX20 endpoints in TMS with no issues. This is a new unit that I just brought online yesterday. My other SX20's are running TC6.1 so I am going to upgrade this new unit to TC6.1 and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks Thomas !!

Danny

You can actually double-check if XMLAPI is enabled by accessing from TMS server that link:

http://YOUR_CODEC_IP/configuration.xml

Hi Thomas,

I upgraded the SX20 to TC6.1 and that fixes the problem.

Thanks !!

Danny