cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

After RMA for Camera, do i need to transfer license?

Shy Solenko
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

After I made RMA for faulty camera and got new one from cisco, do i need to transfer license in the license agreement tool?

I transfer licencses  for codecs all the time and there is no problem. but when i try to transfer license for cameras i get the following message:

"

[ERR.AT.7] We could not process the request. Please validate the Serial Number provided for registration. The Serial Number is not recognized by our systems. Please try again. In case the problem persists please open a Service Request using the TAC Service Request Tool. Please have your valid Cisco.com user id and password available. As an alternative, you may also call our main Technical Assistance Center at 800-553-2447.Additional Cisco Systems, Inc. worldwide contacts can be found here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_worldwide_contacts.html"

So i thought maybe there is no need to transfer license if its camera or touch panel or remote control?

Thanks,

Shy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vivsing2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Shy,

You are absolutely correct that for camera' remote and touch panel you don't require to transfer license as they don't have license to work.

Every endpoint which have software or special feature need to transfer license.

Regards,
Vivek

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Shy,

Which Camera u are using and where are u uploading the licences for this RMA box ?

regds,

aman

Hi Shy,

Seeing the error which u are getting:

You need to send the Serial number of RMA camera to Licensing Team which would provide the new Release Key .The same needs to be uploaded in Codian.

Can u please  initiate the mail to Licensing team and check?

http://cisco.com/go/license

regds,

aman

vivsing2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Shy,

You are absolutely correct that for camera' remote and touch panel you don't require to transfer license as they don't have license to work.

Every endpoint which have software or special feature need to transfer license.

Regards,
Vivek

Thanks for the info

Amlesh Sengar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Shy,

You need not go for the transfer of release key or other license keys for camera as it is a plug and use unit, which do not require any key.

After the rma you just need to connect the cables and it will work as per the features.

Thanks,

Amlesh

Hi Amlesh/Vivek,

Thanks for info.

Just for knowledge, why the Error message related to Serial number is coming?

Please advise.

regds,

aman

Ravi Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Aman,

The reason for the error is due to wrong sn used, as the transfer licences are for the codecs and the rma and sn# do not match hence received an error moreover you will get the same sort of error as the licence transfer procedure is perform for the second time (duplicacy)

Regards
Ravi kr.

Hi Ravi,

Let me brief u what I have understood : Suppose if Camera goes faulty, we raise the RMA to cisco and get the replacement from Cisco.

a. we do not need to upload any license for this replacement Camera on Codian.

b. Do we need to write the mail to Cisco License Team to avoid this Error message mentioning RMA number and serial number of Camera?

c. Is there any DOC/URL which gives info on what all products in Cisco TP/Tandberg do not require any licnese ?

Please advice.

regds,

aman

Ravi Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Aman,

Choose the first option when ever there is any minor item replacement other the codec no need for licence transfer. As its the codec who need the licence.

B). In rare scenarios when you face issues while licence transfer for rma codecs and unable to transfer the licenses that time you can contact Tac for licensing assistance, else everything will be fine.

C) as mentioned all the codec need licences transfer

Thanks
Ravi kr.

Thanks a lot Ravi...