Views
Helpful
Replies

block incoming and outgoing calls for some phones

Yazen Alaa
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

I have some phones like kitchen , i want to block incoming and outgoing calls for these kitchen's phones and i want these phones to call only internally . i have E1 with H323 gateway . how the configuration it will be in CSS and Partition ?

thanks and regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Ideally, you need two CSSs for this -  a gateway CSS and a device CSS. Assign the kitchen extension a new partition. Add this new partition to the device CSS but not to the gateway CSS. This way incoming calls are blocked.

For outbound calls, you will need another partition and CSS. The partition should contain the pattern 9.! (or whatever your outside access code is) and should block it. It can be translation or route pattern depending on your CUCM's dial plan design. This pattern will be assigned to a new CSS called Block_All (or something) and this should be assigned on the line level.

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Ideally, you need two CSSs for this -  a gateway CSS and a device CSS. Assign the kitchen extension a new partition. Add this new partition to the device CSS but not to the gateway CSS. This way incoming calls are blocked.

For outbound calls, you will need another partition and CSS. The partition should contain the pattern 9.! (or whatever your outside access code is) and should block it. It can be translation or route pattern depending on your CUCM's dial plan design. This pattern will be assigned to a new CSS called Block_All (or something) and this should be assigned on the line level.

Please rate useful posts.