Views
Helpful
Replies

C40 upgrade from 5.1.8 to 7.3.3

devraj123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am upgrading c40 codec from TC 5.1.8  to TC 7.3.3 .  I downloaded release key and TC 7.3.3 soft.

if something goes wrong while upgrading then can I rollback it to current one? Is there such option to rollback,if yes then how.

Please assist me on this.

Deva

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can switch back to TC5 if you find that for some reason you want or need to.  There are always two software images stored on the codec, the current active software image and a second.  When software upgrades are performed, the upgrade will overwrite whichever is the inactive or older image, and after the upgrade the software version you were running will become the second inactive image and you can switch to this second image if you need for whatever reason.  Note, a factory reset will clear the 2nd software image stored on the codec.  See the C40 Admin Guide on pg 58 for more details.

View solution in original post

If you SSH or Telnet in to the device, take a capture of the output of an "xconfiguration" command. This contains the important endpoint configuration which can be used to reconfigure it in the event of complete failure. 

Upgrading the endpoint will still keep the original configuration in the 2nd software installation, and the selectsw switch previously mentioned will also restore the previous configuration. 

Wayne

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can switch back to TC5 if you find that for some reason you want or need to.  There are always two software images stored on the codec, the current active software image and a second.  When software upgrades are performed, the upgrade will overwrite whichever is the inactive or older image, and after the upgrade the software version you were running will become the second inactive image and you can switch to this second image if you need for whatever reason.  Note, a factory reset will clear the 2nd software image stored on the codec.  See the C40 Admin Guide on pg 58 for more details.

Cheers Patrick,

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

To roll back, once you have TC7.3.3 installed, log in to the web interface, go to Maintenance, System Recovery, then The Software Recovery Swap tab.  You will then see a "Switch to software: <previous software version> button which you can click to revert to the previous version.

If for some reason you can't get the web page option, you can do it via the CLI with the systemtools selectsw command.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi,

Hope you doing well,

I have one question: just before upgrading from 5.1.8 to 7.3.3 , i want c40 codec to take backup.but i am unable to see any backup tab/parameter under maintainace.

Can you please help how can I do backup(currentlyc40 is running 5.1.8)

Deva

If you SSH or Telnet in to the device, take a capture of the output of an "xconfiguration" command. This contains the important endpoint configuration which can be used to reconfigure it in the event of complete failure. 

Upgrading the endpoint will still keep the original configuration in the 2nd software installation, and the selectsw switch previously mentioned will also restore the previous configuration. 

Wayne

Wayne

Hi All,

Thanks for precious info. I came to upgrade c40 successfully and checked working fine.

Cheers