Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TMS Upgrade

oilyas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Gents,

Need assistance as i am kind of lost, cant find a document that explain the below for me.

1. I have a customer rumming TMS 13.0, they want to migrate to TMS v14.5. What i need to know is if i can do a direct upgrade or i need to go to some intermediate release and then from there move to 14.5. Also when migrating from 13.0 to 14.5, is there any thing in particular i need to consider or do.

2. Lastly once migrated to 14.5 and lets assume there are some errors and i want to roll back to 13.0, is it possible and what should be the procedure.

Looking forward for your replies

Many Thanks,

2 Replies 2

Hi,

This document will help you as your guideline. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/install_guide/Cisco-TMS-install-guide-14-5.pdf

Upgrading TMS 13.0 directly to TMS 14.5 is supported. Refer to link above on page 18.

For rollback process, I would suggest a clean re-installation of the older version. Refer to the link for the reference for TMS13.0 install and upgarde guide.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/install_guide/Cisco_TMS_Install_Guide_13-0.pdf

Regards,

Acevirgil

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As Acevirgil mentions you can upgrade directly to version 14.5, however depending on how your TMS is deployed, you might have to do it in steps.  You'll need to follow the upgrade steps noted in the guide that he linked to in his post for versions of TMS that are prior to 13.2 (pg 18) and 14.2 (pg 17), as well as for those that might be provisioning endpoints using TMS Agent Legacy (pg 17).  TMS Agent Legacy was replaced with TMSPE in the later versions, here is a link to it's Install Guides if you happen to be using TMS Agent Legacy.  There are also other considerations as well in the upgrade section of the guide if you happen to be running any other TMS extensions.

Be sure to check all the release notes so you'll know of any changes and what to expect going from one version to another.

Also, the current version of TMS out today is 15.0, suggest you might consider upgrading to it instead of 14.5.