Replies

CallBridge to CMS Edge Turn server status not reachable issue

Meddane
VIP
VIP

I configured a CMS Edge to provide turn services as follow:

private IP: 10.1.7.41

public IP: 41.1.1.41

I followed the deployment guide 3.6 scalability and resilience and I entered the following commands on the Turn server correctly:

turn short_term_credentials_mode enable
turn short_term_credentials cisco cms
turn public-ip 41.1.1.41
turn listen a
turn tls 3478
turn certs edge.key edge.crt Bundle-CA.crt
turn enable

The I configured the core CMS hosting the call bridge service with turn server informations as follow and according to the deployment guide:

1..PNG

The configuration seems correct and it's straight forward, but the connection status shown that that the Call Bridge cannot connect to the turn server as shown below with the message Reachable = False, is there something is missing in the guide?

2.PNG

7 Replies 7

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Is the CMS core able to reach the edge? (FW, IP routing, ...)
What do you see in the logs on both server when entering the command "syslog follow"?

There is a connectivity without problem and nothing special in the event log of syslog follow output.

As I have configured any edge since version 2.9.x and a lot has changed since then, I'm not sure that you need to specify the callbridge or callbridge group in the API.

But what is missing in the API is "tcpPortNumberOverride". Set it to 3478.

But you can also take a packet capture on both CMSs and check if a TCP/TLS connection can be established.

I tried by specifying the port 3478, I will fallback to packet capture using the MMP command pcap a to see what happen in the background.

It seems that the Turn server 10.1.7.41 is not responding to the allocation request stun message sent by the callbridge 10.1.5.61.

Turn server also sends a stun icmp port unreachable.

pcap.PNG

@b.winter  The problem was resolved by setting the time zone on turn server

timezone.PNG

turn status.PNG

Meddane
VIP
VIP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: