Views
Helpful
Replies

Can EX60 and EX90 work individually without cucm registrations

mohsin majeed
Level 2
Level 2

Hi dears,

We have a client need to install EX60 and EX90 endpoints without CUCM.

My questions does it really possible to use EX60 and EX90 work individually without CUCM or other Centralized device registration?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes it's possible, the proper solution is to have them registered to either CUCM or VCS, but you can use them as a standalone endpoint without being registered to a call control server.  See the link in my first reply for some discussion on how to set it up as a standalone endpoint.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can use the EX60/90 as a standalone codec, and has been asked many times over. The SX and EX codec's are similar in configuration, if you search the forums for SX20 standalone, you'll find discussions on how to set it up.

Thanks Patrick,

Please verify is it the valid solution just providing EX60 and EX90 to our client without CUCM or other device. I am asking just to confirm it again.

Yes it's possible, the proper solution is to have them registered to either CUCM or VCS, but you can use them as a standalone endpoint without being registered to a call control server.  See the link in my first reply for some discussion on how to set it up as a standalone endpoint.

Thanks again,

I tried having two EX60 unit just assigning them IP addresses and wonder i can call by dialing IP address of each other. I configured nothing else other than IP addressess :)

It would be great if i would able to dial using Extension/Name or do i able to make directory in standalone? Is it really possible or no?

One thing in my mind is to use DNS server

Awaiting reply