cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IX5G Dev Kit

Jim Martella
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone get installation instructions on their dev kit? There are no instructions or diagrams in ours. Anyone get them?

4 Replies 4

Paul Stojanovski
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jim,

I'm not entirely sure if the dev kits come with instructions. On page 68 of the guide below is a basic cable routing chart which should be helpful.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/ix5000/assembly_guide/ix5000_install_guide.pdf

-P

Cheers Paul. I'll take a look. I think we have an issue with the codec. On boot up it displays nothing to the screens.  We tested the screens on other systems and they work fine. We changed out the cable a few times, no joy.

Hi Jim,

Just curious, how long did you let it boot/stay on, was it an extended period of time?  First time boot of our lab IX took several long minutes for it to boot and finally display something (didn't time it but it felt unusually long).

-Jonathan

We let it go through a boot for at least 30 min before we started to get a little worried nothing was showing on the monitors. We rebooted it after checking cabling. Eventually we had to leave for the day and let it sit, next morning nothing, rebooted again, again nothing. Checked the screens against another test system and they worked fine.