Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't control camera when connecting Tandberg Video Switch to 6000MXP

Nguyentiendung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm installing 6000MXP, Tandberg Video Switch and two PrecisionHD Camera as this diagram

Now I can switch between two cameras. But there's a problem as follows: two cameras can't be controlled via remote control. I don't know why's that.

I wonder if anyone faced this problem.

P/s: I use 3 repeater for primary chain from Tandberg Video Switch to Main Camera

and one repeater to extend RJ11-RJ45 cable.

12 Replies 12

Teck Chye Tang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Somehow I cannot see your picture.  But you can check the xstatus of the cameras to see if the codec detect the switch and also the cameras as a start.

You should see correct xstatus reporting for camera 1, camera 8 and camera 9 based on your description above.

Hi,

I mean that I configured the Video Switch successfully and switched between two cameras. So I think codec 6000MXP detected the switch and cameras. Anyway, I'll try as you said: xstatus Camera 1(2).

But what can I do if the codec doesn't dectect the switch and cameras?

Thank you.

Hi,

You can switch between the camera means that the switch should be detected ok.

But you can control the camera, so if the cameras are not detected, then i will first check the control cable between the camera and the switch (swap cables etc).  Or use the same cable but connect the camera directly to the codec instead of the switch and see if the cameras are detected.

Hi,

Before connecting Video Switch to codec 6000MXP, I connect directly camera to codec 6000MXP and it still pans, tilts, zooms normally so I exclude the possibility that cameras are defective. I also test the control cable and it's ok

I wonder if any configuration is required on Video Switch or codec 6000MXP

Hi Teck Chye Tang,

Now the main camera can be controlled via remote control but the second one (AUX) can't be controlled.

I checked the xstatus of the cameras and saw that

- * Camera 1 (connected = True)

- * Camera 8 (connected = True)

- * Camera 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 (connected = False)

I suppose this is the reason why the second camera can't be controlled. But I don't know how to remap properly.

Please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks.

Hi,

You can control the 1st camera now, casue the codec has successfully detectd the camera.  You see xstatus camera 8 = true.

Now the second HD camera is connected to the video switch DVI input 2 right, and the second camera is daisy chained to the 1st camera using the daisy chain cable, right (sorry, I cannot see the pic in your 1st thread).   You need to get xstatus camera 9 = true also, before you can control.

I am not sure how you get camera 8 detected(did you change cabling or ??), but for camera 9, I will try to check the following:

a) check the daisy chain cable if it is ok

b) is power adaptor connected to the second camera

c) swap the 1st and 2nd camera position and see if both control works

d) try with other camera for camera 1 and also camera 2 (casue some times, the Daisy chain port of the camera might be the problem)

hi,

if you have a precision HD camera connected to the TVS, then your configuration should be as follows :

xConfiguration Switch Source: 1
xConfiguration Switch Configuration Primary: On
xConfiguration Switch Configuration Secondary: On
xConfiguration Switch LogicalInput 1 Mode: On 
xConfiguration Switch LogicalInput 1 Map: 1 
xConfiguration Switch LogicalInput 2 Mode: On 
xConfiguration Switch LogicalInput 2 Map: 2 
xConfiguration Switch LogicalInput 3 Mode: Off
xConfiguration Switch LogicalInput 3 Map: 3
xConfiguration Switch LogicalInput 4 Mode: Off
xConfiguration Switch LogicalInput 4 Map: 4
xConfiguration Switch LogicalInput 5 Mode: Off
xConfiguration Switch LogicalInput 5 Map: 5

xConfiguration Switch LogicalInput 1 Mode: On
--------

Logical input 1 is enabled because I’m utilizing the video input 1 on the TVS for the first PHD camera.
xConfiguration Switch LogicalInput 1 Map: 1 (Default)
Mapping 1 to 1, since the fist PHD camera in connected to the TVS. When Main camera is selected the fist PHD camera on the TVS will be displayed.

--------
xConfiguration Switch LogicalInput 2 Mode: On

--------
Logical input 2 is enabled because I’m utilizing the video input 2 on the TVS for the second PHD camera. 
xConfiguration Switch LogicalInput 2 Map: 2 (Default)
Mapping 2 to 2, since the second PHD camera in connected to the second input on the TVS and I want the second PHD camera to display when I select the AUX camera.

--------
Note: It’s recommend on entering this command “xCommand CameraReconfigure” or reboot endpoint and TVS after any configuration changes are done, so that the cameras connected are reconfigured.

Hi Teck Chye Tang,

Both cameras can't be controlled before because some repeaters which are used to extend DB9-RJ45  cable from Video Switch to main camera are errors. I connected directly  the main camera to Video Switch by DB9-RJ45 without repeaters so main  camera can be controlled now. But the second one (AUX) can't  still be controlled.

I tested RJ11-RJ45 and  it's OK.

Power adaptor that connected to the second camera is Ok.

I swapped two cameras already and saw that the second camera still move normally

Regarding trying with other camera, I can't do because I have only two cameras now.

I also entered exactly command:

xConfiguration Switch Source: 1
xConfiguration Switch Configuration Primary: On
xConfiguration Switch Configuration Secondary: On
xConfiguration Switch LogicalInput 1 Mode: On
xConfiguration Switch LogicalInput 1 Map: 1
xConfiguration Switch LogicalInput 2 Mode: On
xConfiguration Switch LogicalInput 2 Map: 2
xConfiguration Switch LogicalInput 3 Mode: Off
xConfiguration Switch LogicalInput 3 Map: 3
xConfiguration Switch LogicalInput 4 Mode: Off
xConfiguration Switch LogicalInput 4 Map: 4
xConfiguration Switch LogicalInput 5 Mode: Off
xConfiguration Switch LogicalInput 5 Map: 5

But nothing was change

So how can I get xstatus camera 9 = True now?

To get xstatus camera 9 true, the commuincation path from camera 2 via camera 1 via the TVS to the codec has to be there. 

So this could be a camera daisy chain port issue or the daisy chain cable issue.

Can you send me your email, I will send you some command to check on the camera port.

Hi,

My email: dungnt@zodiac.com.vn

By the way, do you have Skype account? If possible, please send me your Skype name for our communication.

Thanks.

Hi,

Just as you mentioned, you should have seen a True for camera 9.

For this you would need to check the daisy chain cable between the main camera and the second camera.

Also, as a test, you could swap the two cameras and check the behavior then.

This could help understand the issue better.

Thanks,

Shilpa

Hi,

I resolved this issue.

Thanks