Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco C60 unable to factory reset due to API not fully loading

rpal00001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been trying to reset a C60 via the Serial port.

I am unable to load any commands at the end of the console and it gets to the following text when I download it via putty:

console (ttyo) enabled, bootconsole disabled

Any ideas how i can get past this stage, as I need to do a factory reset, as the password is unknown.

The codec comes up ok and there appear to be no issues, its just that I am unable to reset the password.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Once you get to the "Console:" line at the end of your screenshot, do you get a "Login:" prompt if you press the Enter key?

If that doesn't work, try breaking the boot sequence and entering U-boot mode and you can try the using the factoryreset bootarg.

See pages 49 - 51 of BRKEVT-2805.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Randy Valverde Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So recovering the password is quite tricky and will work differently depending on the software version you have installed on the codec.

First connect via console to the codec, make sure you can type properly and do not get weird symbols when typing.

Once you're there, restart the codec (without closing the serial connection), on the console window you will see the bootup process and you will get a log in prompt when boot finishes.

At this point you will have 60 seconds to type "pwrec" as the username, without quotes.

On older software versions, you will be prompted for the username you want to change the password to and then the new password.

On newer software versions you will get a notification that a factory reset needs to be performed, you just need to confirm and the factory reset will start.

Once it comes back up, you should be able to use default username and password credentials (which again depend on the version but try the ones below):

admin

TANDBERG

admin

cisco

admin

<blank>

Hope that helps!

Hi Randy,

Many thanks for your response.

I have tried logging in using the serial connection, however, after the unit has fully booted, and the console thread has finished, it will not allow me to input any text (pwrec).

The codec is in version 7.3.

I have attached the image of the cosole where it stops

Any ideas??

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The user pwrec that Randy mentions was removed in TC7 software, so you'll need to login via serial with user factoryreset instead, see thread password-recovery for full instructions.

You can also see thread password-recovery-csx-series-no-pwrec.

Hi Patrick,

Many thanks for your response.

I have tried logging in using the serial connection, however, after the unit has fully booted, and the console thread has finished, it will not allow me to input any text (pwrec).

The codec is in version 7.3.

I have attached the image of the cosole where it stops

Any ideas??

Once you get to the "Console:" line at the end of your screenshot, do you get a "Login:" prompt if you press the Enter key?

If that doesn't work, try breaking the boot sequence and entering U-boot mode and you can try the using the factoryreset bootarg.

See pages 49 - 51 of BRKEVT-2805.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

rpal00001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Wayne,

Many thanks for you assistance you are *THE TOP MAN*

It's great to have experienced people like yourself to help with issues.

how can i reset password 

How can I reset cisco C60 Tandberg