cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CE8.0 and TMS 14.x

Jon Brademeyer
Level 1
Level 1

We have a customer that is interested in testing CE8.0 firmware on their Cisco SX80 endpoint.  Release Notes for CE8.0 indicate that TMS 15.0 is required.  The customer is running TMS 14.6.2.  

Does anyone have any information or experience on what will will (or will not) work in TMS for this endpoint if I upgrade the endpoint to CE8.0 and leave TMS at 14.6.2?  The endpoint is already established in TMS and is running TC7.3.4.

Thanks,

9 Replies 9

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

I tried it with 14.4.x just because :) -  and it did not work at all, had to add it as "room" to at least be able to schedule calls to it.

So ended up re-booting system back into 7.3.4 and leaving it there until I upgraded to TMS 15.1.

A colleague of mine said his test SX end-point did become visible to TMS when he upgraded TMS to 14.6, but I don't know how happy, or unhappy it was in that environment.

I'll drop him an email with the link to this thread.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Sounds great.  Thank Jens. Much appreciated.

CE8.x and TMS 15.x works fine without problems.

TC.7.3.x has problems to illustrate the snapshots (@webinterface, API and TMS) with the CE8.x would be fixed.

While CE8.0.0 has solved a few of the websnapshot (now called Remote Monitoring) issues, a whole new range of problems are present (no video compositor, new user interface, camera presets don't trigger from web page, etc).  We've ended up rolling the majority of our devices back to TC7.2.1 to return them to a level of functionality that is suitable for our purposes until, fingers crossed, TC7.3.5 addresses most of the other TC7.3.x problems.

Given the major changes with CE8, and that a lot of the functionality we use in TC isn't present yet (but may be coming in a future release), we'll be holding off on doing anything other than basic testing with CE8 at the moment.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Miguel Serrano
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading SX80 to CE8.0, TMS 14.xxx will not recognize properly all settings, he lose IP/E164/SIP contact settings

Stablish a remote connection with TMS will not working because he cant recognize the System.

Thanks for the info Miguel.

Craig Upton
Level 1
Level 1

Quick Reply - I'm running TMS 14.6.2 and my Cisco SX80 using CE8.0 appears to work fine.  

Any earlier TMS versions did not recognise the Cisco SX80 using CE8.0.  

I'm not in a position to upgrade to TMS 15.x atm so I'm doing my best with what I have. 

I'll be doing further testing as time permits however I still will be recommending to Customers to adhere to Cisco's recommendations of upgrading to TMS 15.x to be safe.

I'm curious to see if anyone from Cisco here can advise us on what we're finding out and why?

Thanks, Craig

Thanks for the info Craig.

Brian Pettis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Per the CE8.0 Release notes it requires 15.0 or later TMS.
http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/ce8/release-notes/ce-software-release-notes-ce8.pdf#page=9

The TMS 15.0 Release notes include this information as well:
http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/release_note/Cisco-TMS-release-notes-15.pdf#page=3

TMS uses an endpoints API to communicate with it, until TMS 15.0 the API integration for CE8 code was not included in TMS or fully supported(some basic functions might work), therefore for full support to manage CE8 endpoints you must use the TMS 15.0 or higher.