cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO Codecs (Tandberg/Telepresence) Option Keys

mhaince11
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a page or document about all the available Option Keys for Cisco Codecs? I want to learn more about the default installed options if there’s any..

I want to know if the ENCRYPTION Option is default to C SERIES Codecs and SX20s? Is firmware version important when selecting which option to install?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

As mentioned in discussion link, you can find this details of option keys in admin guide of endpoints.

from CE8.2.0 and TC7.3.8 :the below keys are removed and by default there in endpoint.

§ NaturalPresenter § DualDisplay § HighDefinition § PremiumResolution

So only left available keys are : Multisite, Remote Monitoring and Encryption (which you can purchase additionally as per requirement)

Another way to check what all option keys are available with endpoint, is- 

login to WebGUI and navigate to Maintenance > Option Keys. You see a list of all option keys, also the ones that are not installed on your video system.

Thanks.

Please rate if it is helpful.

View solution in original post

The SX codecs are essentially no different.  They ran the same "TC" software as the other endpoints that were mentioned (and the SX20s are mentioned throughout that thread as well) - and now the "CE" which is just an updated version... 

These days with the CE software, the available option keys are just the Remote Monitoring, MultiSite, and Encryption.  Depending on which part you order, they Encryption Key may already be present just leaving the RM and MS options to be purchase as required.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Anurag Srivastava
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Please refer the below link for all option keys-

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/tc-option-keys/ta-p/3147150

No Encryption key is not by default, you need to purchase it separately.

Note:Removal of default option keys The following options keys are included by default on most Collaboration Endpoints, and are no longer listed as an option key from CE8.2.0 and TC7.3.8 : § NaturalPresenter § DualDisplay § HighDefinition § PremiumResolution. The functionality these option keys provided is still available, but the keys have become redundant. Any pre-installed keys are stored on the codec, in case you have to downgrade to software versions that require these option keys to enable the respective functionalities after the downgrade.

Thanks.

thanks, @Anurag Srivastava! i have seen that post and i found it to be outdated since there is no mention of SX codecs in there... i'm looking for an updated list.

Hello,

As mentioned in discussion link, you can find this details of option keys in admin guide of endpoints.

from CE8.2.0 and TC7.3.8 :the below keys are removed and by default there in endpoint.

§ NaturalPresenter § DualDisplay § HighDefinition § PremiumResolution

So only left available keys are : Multisite, Remote Monitoring and Encryption (which you can purchase additionally as per requirement)

Another way to check what all option keys are available with endpoint, is- 

login to WebGUI and navigate to Maintenance > Option Keys. You see a list of all option keys, also the ones that are not installed on your video system.

Thanks.

thank you so much :)

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is document in the Documents section of the forums that talks about all the option keys.

See https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/tc-option-keys/ta-p/3147150

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

thanks, @wayne! i have seen that post and i found it to be outdated since there is no mention of SX codecs in there... i'm looking for an updated list.

The SX codecs are essentially no different.  They ran the same "TC" software as the other endpoints that were mentioned (and the SX20s are mentioned throughout that thread as well) - and now the "CE" which is just an updated version... 

These days with the CE software, the available option keys are just the Remote Monitoring, MultiSite, and Encryption.  Depending on which part you order, they Encryption Key may already be present just leaving the RM and MS options to be purchase as required.

Wayne

Thank you so much :D