cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco EX60/90 Auto Dialing

limbadiya
Level 1
Level 1

We have a specific requirement for one of our client, they have virtual telepresence server which is configured with one conference room. multiple locations, all EX60/90 dial 3000 and join the conference room. now they want to keep the conference going all day, basically it stays on from 8am to 6pm, I am not even sure if EX60/90 is designed for this purpose, I have already changed couple of power adapters after few months. 

Anyway, we want to make this process completely automatic. now during the day sometime they pickup the handset to talk and when they put the handset back it ends the call. so requirement is dial 3000 from all EX60/90 at 8 am, need to monitor the call status, if it drops, it should dial again 3000, and at 6pm call ends. What would be the best option to achieve this ? I like the API route. TMS or Conductor can be used to auto dial and schedule. but won't help if someone ends the call by mistake. thanks.

1 Reply 1

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If the endpoint gets disconnected from the conference accidentally by someone or from some other issue such as the network going down for example, someone either using TMS or the end user would have to reconnect the endpoint.

You could possibly use Conductor to automatically reconnect endpoints, using the API command "alwaysReconnect", but it only applies to calls dialed out from the TelePresence Server.  Refer to Table 32 in the TelePresence Server 4.3 API Guide.