cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO IPTV VIDEO ENCODING PROB

kaysonaike
Level 1
Level 1

We have a IPTV 3417 Starter Server with Optibase MovieMaker 200s capture card. My problem is that when i launch Window Media Endoder to capture video/audio i get the following message " No audio input device detected therefore live capture options have been disabled" and " No video input device detected therefore live capture options have been disabled"

I have a JVC compact VHS Camcoder Model GR-SX140A-S connected to the audio/video port on the card.

I can view thw sample files provided in the IPTV CD on the IPTV Viewer but the above problem prevent live encoding, which is our major objective.

In the IPTV CD i found a driver Videum_Cisco_e_10_NT_W2K_XP , i believe this is not the driver for the card so i didnt install it. However the Optibase MovieMaker 200s capture card was found to be pre-installed in the Device Manager.

At this point i dont know if the problem is with the encoder, the card or the Camcoder

1 Reply 1

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

Videum would not be the right driver.

There are no drivers for the Optibase card to make it work with Windows-based utilities.

There should be /may be an "Optibase" application available (it use to be on a separate CD). There is a live capture "recorder" app for the Optibase. I'll check my system at work to see where it is (if it is) available.

There is (was?) a capture option in the Content Manager.

I'll re-post when I get more info.

Good Luck

Scott