cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco MCU 4205 and 5320 cascading or any other alternative?

Batuhan Kilic
Level 1
Level 1

There are 2 mcus 5320 (4.5) and 4205 (4.4) which has 16 and 12 media ports. I need them to work together like one mcu with 28 ports or max available ports. Can anyone describe how can i do this?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/conferencing/telepresence-mcu-4505/118763-config-mcu-00.html

Is this article can be the solution to my problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

In your case use MCU 5320 (MCU1) as master and will act as a gateway for the MCU 4205 (MCU2) since no feature for H323 Gateway configuration and no built-in Gatekeeper for MCU 5300 series.

regards,

Ace

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi,

Yes, that is a good document to use for your setup. We already deployed some using MCU 4500 series and 4200 series with cascading setup and works fine. 

Cascading MCU will utilized 1 port on the Master MCU with every slave MCU connected to it. The slave MCU will act as a participant in the conference. Cascading MCU doesn't mean it works like a single MCU, unlike stacking MCUs (supported for MCU 5300 series).

Another solution is to use a Cisco TelePresence Conductor to manage the MCU resources and it's the best solution. This solution requires a call control (CUCM or VCS).

Thanks and regards,

Ace

There is no option to use another device so i need this two mcu work together

By the way when i try to set up mcu 2 there is no gateway section in the web interface so i cannot enter the H323 gateway to mcu 5320, do i have to use the mcu 5320 as master?

Thanks

Hi,

In your case use MCU 5320 (MCU1) as master and will act as a gateway for the MCU 4205 (MCU2) since no feature for H323 Gateway configuration and no built-in Gatekeeper for MCU 5300 series.

regards,

Ace

Ok, i will do like you said

Thanks