Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco room kit as standalone mode

Hi all, 

I am new in Cisco room kind. I would like to know how to setup WebEx room kit as standalone mode. Is there any special requirement I need to setup as standalone mode. How do I conduct net meeting in standalone mode? Any reference page that I can refer?

Thanks for reading and answering my post.

13 Replies 13

Anurag Srivastava1
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

if you want to use it as standalone endpoint
Then either you should use a public IP on endpoint or a Nated ip and the following ports should be open on firewall-
+++++++++++++++
For H.323:
Gatekeeper Discovery (RAS) - Port 1719 - UDP
Q.931 call Setup - Port 1720 - TCP
H.245 - Port Range 5555-5574 - TCP for Static

For SIP 5060/5061- TCP
Video - Port Range 2326-2485 - UDP
Audio - Port Range 2326-2485 - UDP
Data/FECC - Port Range - 2326-2485 - UDP
++++++++++++++
Also if you are using H323 then mode should be direct and if you are using SIP then public DNS should be configured on endpoint.

There are many discussions on community if you search with word "Standalone"

Thanks

Please rate if it is helpful and mark as a accepted solution if applicable...

Thanks
Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable....

Hi Anurag Srivastava1,

Thanks for your reply. Actually , I already purchased a webex room kit without any register service. I would like to know do I need any equipment to setup h.323 or SIP before I can use webex room kit to call? Can room kit call out and receive call for conferencing without registered to any service.

We are using fortigate as our firewall, how to find Nat ip address? Am I right that without any registered service, I can only call using public ip address?

Thanks for your valuable information.

Hello

With standalone as well you can join or dial any Sip uri or H323 ip dialing (but for that you need to use any public DNS server so that it can help you in SRV lookup)

for NAT please check with your firewall team so that they can help you Natting your device IP to some public ip.

and as i mentioned please open all the necessary ports.

Thanks

Please rate if helpful  and mark as accepted solution if applicable...

Thanks

Hi,

I notice that unregistered cisco room kit can only call using public ip address. Let say it all the branches is link together using VPN connection. All branches can commmunicate using private ip address. Is it possible to use cisco room kit to call interbranch using private ip address?

When calling using ip address, what is the format should I follow. Should I straight away put ip address and call like

192.168.50.100 or I need to replace dot with symbol like 192*168*50*100

Thanks. Sorry for any trouble caused.

Thanks.

should be 192.168.50.100

Hello,

Standalone mode is when it is not registered to any proxy or gatekeeper.

if these IPs are reachable yes then you can direct call IP address to reach another device.

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks all for your reply. So, If internal ip address can be reached. I can also using private ip address to call. Am I right? Do I need to put in NAT ip address during configuration?

Thanks again.

if you need to have a conference with external party, then you need public ip or NAT.
if only internal conference, private ip address is enough.

Thanks for clarify my question. One more question , can standalone unregistered room kit call sip device? If yes, what is the correct way to call? 

Thanks again.

Hello,

You can try dialing ip directly if that not works then under sip uri you can put some number@ <device ip> and that will work if some other device will call (reachable through LAN)

Thanks

Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable...

Thanks

wkyuen.ricky1
Level 1
Level 1
you can use a browser to visit the ip of the "Cisco room kit".
Then follow some guide to setup standalone mode. For example, you can search for "standalone mode SX20"

Hi

Can I register the room kit for both webex on cloud and stand alone

Not at the same time. But to move between them

As If we ordered the room kit with webex registration to register on cloud

Can I reconfigure it as standalone to call internal H323 standalone devices

Then to register it on webex again to call  skype or other units and vise versa

The availability to register the room kit on cloud then H323 then on cloud and so on

Thanks

Nasssif Victor
Level 1
Level 1

Hello;

I have a permanent message on the TS "not registered" and I already asked the IT team to open the A/M ports.

I have a public IP for the codec but every time I tried to make a call with "webex meet" application, It displayed : couldn't call.

can anyone help me with an additional info in order to make a call?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: