cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco room kit got the gray screen when connect with old Polycom VC via H.323 IP-to-IP

R T
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just brought the Room Kit and setup for my Aussie office. Today I tried to setup and test it with my SGP colleague. I saw the message of call connected without encrypted on the screen, and saw the PIP self view on the corner. But I can't see the video to my colleague. The screen changed gray colour but heard the voice.

Moreover I have tested it with my HK colleague with his Room Kit without issue. The software version came with CE9.9.x. May I get any help from someone?

Thanks a lot!!!!

3 Replies 3

Ashish Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
What do the call stats say on your video endpoint?
Can the Poly side see your video?
Could there be firewall issues? Are you calling from office to office or home to home?
Does the direction of the call affect the picture? Poly to Cisco
There could be so many issues here. Could you both call into a Webex Bridge and see if that works? You call from Cisco to Webex and they call from Poly to Webex?
Thanks,
ashish

Response Signature

Thanks for your reply.

What do the call stats say on your video endpoint?

Ans: I'm still learning to use this new toy... where can I check the stats?

Can the Poly side see your video?

Ans: No, my colleague also saw the gray screen.

Could there be firewall issues? Are you calling from office to office or home to home?

Ans: Office to office, without firewall.

Does the direction of the call affect the picture? Poly to Cisco

Ans: Same result.

There could be so many issues here. Could you both call into a Webex Bridge and see if that works? You call from Cisco to Webex and they call from Poly to Webex?

Ans: No... I didn't subscribe the Webex, as we are using for internal only.

Also I have tried to reboot both Cisco Room kit and Polycom VC. But it doesn't help.

Regards,

Roy

I would recommend registering the polycom to CUCM as a Third Party SIP (Advanced) device. Then you would maintain CUCM control for signalling and connection. Also, you can control bandwidth and video capability within the region and device pools.