cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Spark board 70 basic video callls

dganta
Level 1
Level 1

Customer is using Spark board 70 and he wants to use that only for Internal video conferencing, a public ip has been set for Video and a static ip has been configured on Touch 10 for ethernet however the diagnostics shows the ip address 169.254.x.x instead of the actual static IP configured on Touch 10. Also the device is not activated as the only purpose is to make internal video conference calls. As I am new to the product have 2 questions:

> Video has public ip and we can access the web interface is it mandatory that device should be activated either to spark or UCS, or VCS. As of now the device is not activated. It was like this before and looks like the customer was able to make video calls before even though the device was not activated. Does the device needs to be activated even for the basic video calls

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

First lets clarify what you have - Spark Board (now called Webex Board) 70? I'm guessing not since you've also mentioned you have a Touch 10, you would not have a Touch 10 with a Webex Board, it is a touch screen device. 

That said, I'm guessing you have Webex Room 70 since that would indeed have a Touch 10. 

The 169. address is for the Touch 10 itself, if you have it directly connected to the codec. That address really isn't relevant assuming it's paired OK. The system address will be whatever you programmed it to be (you said it is static). 

If it's not registered to Cisco's cloud service or your on prem CUCM or VCS/Gatekeeper, it's still functional, it can dial IP addresses etc. Not the recommended deployment of course, but it will work. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Board is not a viable standalone video endpoint and requires registration to Control Hub. On-premises registration to CUCM, Expressway, or VCS is not currently supported nor is the Touch 10.

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

First lets clarify what you have - Spark Board (now called Webex Board) 70? I'm guessing not since you've also mentioned you have a Touch 10, you would not have a Touch 10 with a Webex Board, it is a touch screen device. 

That said, I'm guessing you have Webex Room 70 since that would indeed have a Touch 10. 

The 169. address is for the Touch 10 itself, if you have it directly connected to the codec. That address really isn't relevant assuming it's paired OK. The system address will be whatever you programmed it to be (you said it is static). 

If it's not registered to Cisco's cloud service or your on prem CUCM or VCS/Gatekeeper, it's still functional, it can dial IP addresses etc. Not the recommended deployment of course, but it will work. 

Thank you PJMack, yes I figured that out that and the problem was actually local network blocking access to Outgoing calls and NTP. Got it fixed. Thanks