cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco spark room kit plus and webex meeting account?

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

when i integrate my "cisco spark room kit plus" with cisco webex control hub , can i call any non webex sip address? what about H323 addresses and standalone video conference units ip addresses?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
You can call any SIP URI. You cannot call stand-alone ip addresses or H323. The Webex cloud registration service supports sip. You can however call Webex and then the folks on H323 can call Webex and you can meet on the bridge vs p2p. Webex also supports IP address dialing. Keep in mind of the caveats of end points it has been tested with. So in essence you use the Webex Meetings platform to meet

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
You can call any SIP URI. You cannot call stand-alone ip addresses or H323. The Webex cloud registration service supports sip. You can however call Webex and then the folks on H323 can call Webex and you can meet on the bridge vs p2p. Webex also supports IP address dialing. Keep in mind of the caveats of end points it has been tested with. So in essence you use the Webex Meetings platform to meet

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Once you add the unit in devices places you have now provided the unit with the capability to make and receive calls via SIP. Meetings is not dependent on that. Once you start the Webex meeting you can then have Webex call that endpoint via the sip uri shown in control hub. That’s one way the two interact. You can also setup One button to push via calendar connector. As long as your mail platform is Google or O365 you can do this in the control hub. If its on premise exchange you will need to set up an on premise expressway-C.

https://collaborationhelp.cisco.com/article/en-us/nvibg1k

how can i know the maximum number of calls my device can host? i have cisco webex control hub

What do you mean by Max number of calls you can host? Webex control hub allows for point to point calls or dialing Sip uri of bridging platforms so one call at a time

like for example four outside callers to call my spark unit? like have a meeting? isn't that a feature in webex meeting?

Two points

1) Your room kit when registered to control hub will show a really long sip uri. Another endpoint can call that sip uri assuming standards based. Webex is not needed here

2) Your end point can also the webex sip uri to join a meeting and then other endpoints can join that meeting via sip/h323/ip address dialing or skype for business

talks90499551
Level 1
Level 1

In the same situation alike upon (webex meetings ver. 41.7.5.15),  can I call H323 addresses or standalone video conference units ip address?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: