Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Speaker Track not working

geundpm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,
I apologize in advance if I am forgetting details, as this is my first post here in the community.
We have a weird bug with the SpeakerTracker camera from Cisco.
The camera that is supposed to film the speaker moves to the right position, the image flickers black for a moment, then the camera moves back to the original position.
Is this a known bug or is there an easy way to fix it?
Thanks for your help!

10 Replies 10

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If a camera lens is physically moving the it must be a SpeakerTrack 60. Are you certain that it’s cabled up correctly per the install guide? Are both Precision60 cameras outputting video if connected separately/directly to the main codec? If not you have a hardware failure.

Thank you for your quick response.
That's right, it's SpeakerTrack 60.
I did not witness the wiring and setup of the system. This was done by a company that provided the service.
But the cameras have worked for the last 3 years without problems. You can operate both cameras individually and both work. The error occurs only when one camera is moving to the talking person.

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

What codec and what software version are you running?

geundpm
Level 1
Level 1

The problem has solved itself with the last software update. Thanks again for your help.

sbonnett
Level 1
Level 1

For me, this issue occurred after a recent update on September 7th.

We noticed a flickering would occur when changing from the group camera to the tracking camera and then out of nowhere our RC6-CST™ camera extension kit hardware failed (receiver end) and we lost both camera feeds. We have replaced this unit and have our camera feed back but now we are experiencing the exact issue described above.

Anyway to downgrade or reverse the update to see if functionality is restored? 

What SW version are you running?

telephone
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the exact same problem. I just upgraded our codec pro with a Dual Precision 60 camera and I cannot get the cameras to track. I've checked wiring, I've checked to make sure the software is the same. I've put in serial numbers. I cannot get them to track. They do the exact same thing described above. They will move for a second, then the picture will blink and they'll go back.

telephone
Level 1
Level 1

Software is 11.8.1.7

telephone - I'm guessing you're cloud registered given that SW rev - try putting it on beta channel (which will upgrade you to 11.9.1), perhaps that will fix it. Easy to try. 

We are facing the same problem. 

In our case we work with x2 p60 camera with a SX80 codec.

We can make the update?