Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SX20 adding more than 2 microphones

Hi,

Is there any way one can add 4 microphones to the Cisco SX20?

or

go the wireless microphone route?

Best Regards
5 Replies 5

SX20 codecs are not designed for integration, but it will work when using an audio mixer. With audio mixer you can connect more microphones depending on the available mixer input channels. I can suggest using third party mics (not the Mic 20) connected to audio mixer. Then from audio mixer out to SX20 codec mic input.

regards,

Acevirgil

Thank you Sir, that was my initial thought as well just wanted to see if anyone out there has done it before.

Best Regards

We already implemented projects wherein the microphone used were goose neck mics/discussion mic system instead of the Mic 20 that comes with the SX20.

These discussion mics are connected to the Control Unit (CU) for audio amplification and mixing. On the output of the CU, we get an audio signal and connect to SX20 mic input. These works perfectly for video conference.

regards,

Acevirgil

Hi Sir,

If i don't require a discussion system, how can i use 4nos. of wireless mics with the sx-20?

Haydn von Imhof
Level 4
Level 4

Shure has a great new cable kit for the SX range to allow for expansion microphones.

https://www.shure.com/en-US/products/accessories/vcc3

You can then integrate with other Shure devices to bring in as many traditional wired or wireless microphone as you want or even Dante audio into SX systems.