Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO SX80 - CAMERA PrecisionHD 1080p 12X

ivansalazar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to know if the Camera Precision HD 1080p 12x is compatible with the Codec SX80.

Thanks,

Ivan

17 Replies 17

I´m not 100% sure whats the status on that method of upgrading at this point. I know it was working before, but I have not performed it in a while :) .

The upgrade part is not considered super critical as there has not been a new software package for the 12x camera for a long time and probably not going to be a new one any time soon.

/Magnus

I was just thinking of other possible methods of upgrading the camera software just in case someone didn't have any C Series codecs, and only the SX80.  Just in case a camera firmware update was made available in the future.

emajcic
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using an SX80 with RoomOS 9.15. Connected to our Webex corportate subscription. I am using the PrecisionHD 1080p12x. CTS-PHD-1080P12XS. I can confirm that the camera works with the SX80. You have to use the serial control cable and daisy chain cables. Don't use ethernet as it damages the camera (read this somewhere but can't find it). here's the config;
Camera 1: PrecisionHD 1080p12X. requires 12V adapter for power. Camera control via DB-9 to RJ45 serial control cable
Camera 2: PrecisionHD 1080p12X. requires 12V adapter for power. Camer control via daisy chain cable (from RJ11 on Camera 1 to RJ45 on Camera 2).
Made the control and daisy chain cable from the Cisco doco; Cisco TelePresence PrecisionHD Camera Camera Guide
So looks like you can only connect up to 2 cameras via VISCA serial control cable on the SX80. Can't see PTZ control on the Touch 10 when I connect a third Camera via daisy chain.
Interestingly, If a connect a Precision60 Camera via Ethernet, then this came takes priority over the VISCA serial controlled cameras so the Precision becomes Camera 1 and the previous PrecisionHD 1080p12X defined as Camera 1 became Camera 2. The original Camera 2 lost control.