Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SX80 removing 'No camera connected' warning from OSD

uscourtswvnd04
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

How do I remove the 'No camera connected' warning message from the on screen display?

I am using input 4 and I don't need the camera.

Thanks again!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I just tested with an SX80, and from what I can tell, there is no way to disable the message as it will always appear unless a video input is detected on either HDMI 1 or 2.  What about the possibility of using either of those as your input, and change the configuration on it to match that of input 4?  Another option is to move the OSD to another screen that you're not using, however this would mean you won't see any on-screen messages if they should appear.

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I just tested with an SX80, and from what I can tell, there is no way to disable the message as it will always appear unless a video input is detected on either HDMI 1 or 2.  What about the possibility of using either of those as your input, and change the configuration on it to match that of input 4?  Another option is to move the OSD to another screen that you're not using, however this would mean you won't see any on-screen messages if they should appear.

Thank you!  That fixed the problem!

Michael.graeve1
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem here.

We are using HDMI-1 and HDMI-3 as video input but we do NOT have one of these cameras 1-8.

Question : Where did you move these error messages to an unused screen? Did not find this option jet ...

SX80 : CE8.1.1

The "No camera's detected" on the web interface will always be present, unless you're using Cisco TelePresence cameras, ie: Precision 60, SpeakerTrack 60, or PrecisionHD 12x.

I see you have something connected to HDMI1 and is recieving video, do you still get the camera disconnected message on the OSD of the SX20?

The settings to move the OSD to a different output is "UserInterface OSD Output", but note this will move all OSD messages etc that might appear on the screen.

We have 3 cameras that are being switched to Input 1 they all have active video as I can see it during local view and the far end sees the video as well. This system does not use the Cisco Touch displays as the codec is shared by three rooms and because of this it is being controlled via Crestron control. If I move the OSD to an unused display then the user has absolutely no feedback on dialing progress or other alerts. There used to be a way to shut this error off.

The message should go away if there is video coming into the input, I check again and it worked for me

I don't recall any method of turning off the camera disconnected message, at least nothing comes to mind at the moment.

Hi,

what I was wondering about is the message on-the-screen "No camera connected" - see attached.

Today I found the solution: For the last few month we had the video signal connected to HDMI-1 and - for no reason - the presentation source connected to HDMI-3. We have left out HDMI-2 !!!

And this causes the error message on the screen!

Now I moved the presentation source from HDMI-3 to HDMI-2, rearranged some settings and everything is well.

The warning "No cameras connected" in the web interface : SETUP -> PERIPHERALS still remains. This is still true because we do not have any Precision cameras. But I think the red bar text and the entry unter "diagnostic" are a little bit "oversized".

Best regards

Michael

If you don't have a Cisco camera, the perepherials and diagnostic page messages regarding no camera detected will remain, but can be ignored. We have a room ourselves that uses third party cameras and I get that message in the web interface as well.

Regarding the OSD message, I'm glad you were able to get it resolved, I didn't think to move the second video input, when I tested here in the office, it went away simply by having something plugged into HDMI1. 

I'm seeing the same issue after upgrading from TC to CE code.

I have video on all inputs (3rd party without control) and can't get rid of the "No Camera Connected" OSD.

Tried to issue the "xConfiguration Peripherals Profile Cameras: 0" but no result...

Hi does this fix issue by simply plugging an hdmi cable?

umeshsasi1
Level 1
Level 1

How to remove the same with SX20?

I am using SX20 with both the input and I am not using camera.So i am getting the error message detected .Any one have a idea how i can remove the popup with out connecting camera

R. Clayton Miller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I was looking for this setting and asked the BU.  They told me to check Peripherals, Profile, Cameras and change from 1 to NotSet.  This eliminated the "No Camera Connected" message from the OSD.  I tested this on a SX20 on the latest RoomOS but should apply to all other CE based Cisco codecs as well.

Genius!  Thank you sir!  How do we mark this as the answer instead of the OSD work around?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: