Helpful
Replies

Cisco telepresence c90 Admin Password lost

maftaba03
Level 1
Level 1

HI there

I got Cisco telepresence C90 with TC7.2.1

Admin password is lost. We can not get in webinterface. I dont know how to access and reset . Please let me know ..

Have tried empty password. No use. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need a COM cable to access the unit via serial and factory reset the system. Reboot the system and when you get a login prompt login with the user "factoryreset".

/Magnus

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need a COM cable to access the unit via serial and factory reset the system. Reboot the system and when you get a login prompt login with the user "factoryreset".

/Magnus

It worked, Manay Thanks..

When I type "factoryreset" the PuTTY screen disappears. Does this mean the machine is reset? I have tried many usernames after this process that I've read are the default such as "admin" and "TANDBERG", none seem to work. How do I confirm that the reset has taken place?

Capture-01.PNGCapture-02.PNG

chauser, 

I replied to your other thread on this topic, any password recovery solution requires a serial connection, not over the network. It would not be a very secure device if anyone could reset the box because they didn't know the password. I've gathered you're not near this unit, but you will have to have someone go onsite to do this, you cannot reset it any other way. 

connected with serial cable, reboot the C90 codec, never get a chance to login with factoryreset. Codec is on ver 7.3, get **r logged in.