Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Telepresence content server

omar mustafa
Level 1
Level 1

Hii 

I already installed telepresence server in main location with conductor , the sx10 join the meeting from multiple location over LTE and it was working fine , when i installed Cisco TCS 

for recording , am facing problem in sx10 in performance degradation, so i need confirmation if installing TCS double the bandwith needed ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you provide more information regarding how you have everything deployed, how the calls are being made, what exactly is the issue you're seeing when you say performance degradation?

Do you have all the applications installed on the same host, do you have enough resources for each of them?

Depending on the TelePresence Server platform you're running, it may require more resources or even a dedicated host which could explain your issue.

View solution in original post

Adding the TCS to your call shouldn't add any extra congestion on your connections to your endpoints as it's essentially just adding another endpoint to the call - the traffic should be between the endpoint and the TelePresence Server.

I'd start by checking the network connectivity between the TelePresence Server and the TelePresence Content Server boxes is working correctly.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you provide more information regarding how you have everything deployed, how the calls are being made, what exactly is the issue you're seeing when you say performance degradation?

Do you have all the applications installed on the same host, do you have enough resources for each of them?

Depending on the TelePresence Server platform you're running, it may require more resources or even a dedicated host which could explain your issue.

Single physical server with vms for vcs , telepresence server , conductor , another server for cisco telepresence content server , all the calls is done by telepresence server , and the endpoints (sx10) is connected over LTE 

the degrading only happened when we added the TCS by showing unclear video on sx10 , but it seems not resources issue as i think adding the TCS to recording made congestion on LTE connection , but am not sure about traffic behavior , so I appreciate if you can clarify and start from their 

Adding the TCS to your call shouldn't add any extra congestion on your connections to your endpoints as it's essentially just adding another endpoint to the call - the traffic should be between the endpoint and the TelePresence Server.

I'd start by checking the network connectivity between the TelePresence Server and the TelePresence Content Server boxes is working correctly.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

As we can consider the TCS as endpoint , so can you clarify if the sx10 endpoint send two copy of video one to other party and second to TCS or not ?

Only one connection is made from each participant, the TelePresence Server will compose all the participant's audio/video streams into a single stream and send it to the each endpoint over their already established connection to the server.

Thanks for your answer  , last question , do you have any idea if far end control feature supported in virtual telepresence server now as it was not supported in old release?

Not that I'm aware of, at least from my experience.