cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Telepresence Mx300 G2 connection to wireless

dakshinaeswar1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, I have Cisco Telepresence Mx300 G2 in my home. I would like the telepresence to detect wireless signals and so that I can connect cast devices ( Chrome cast ) and then cast videos , pictures from mobile phones. However I am not able to figure this out. I understand by default this telepresence model supports only LAN ( Wired internet ). I bought an Wifi adaptor ( T-Link ) and connected it to the USB port of telepresence hoping for it to detect wireless SSID but no luck . Have anyone come across the same situation ?

In a nut shell, I am planning to use the telepresence Mx300 G2 as a smart TV. Instead of wired internet I would expect the telepresence to detect wireless signals , so that I can connect the chromecast and use the telepresence like smart TV where we can cast videos, pictures from our laptop or mobile phones as long as all these are in same wireless network. Any help is appreciated.

Also I learnt a bit about Cisco proximity. Could anyone explain about it ? I downloaded proximity in my windows laptop and yet so far nothing has been detected by the telepresence.

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That model does not support support WIFI; however, nearly all residential network gear bridges WIFI and wired ports on the same Layer 2 broadcast domain. Same end result.

That model also does not support Miracast or AirPlay though. You would need to connect a Chromecast device to an HDMI port. I do not recall if that model supports HDCP though. If it does, it’s likely Input 2 only. Look for Video > Input > Connector [n] > HDCP > Mode in the config.

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I do have a Chromecast connected to it's HDMI
port but it is not even detecting the same.
Any ideas?

Hi, I bought an ethernet adaptor and then connected the chromecast to it. In a nutshell the chromecast is detected by telepresence and we are able to cast the audio alone and for some reason video is not working. I think this would be related to format of the video ? any thoughts ?