cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Telepresence MX700 - Any way to adjust "overscan" on the built in screens?

Glenn Merkel
Level 1
Level 1

With my own SX80 on-site at my corporate headquarters, I'm using NEC Professional 80"displays.  As a result, if the image from a laptop doesn't look quite right, I can use display settings to auto-adjust the image, turn overscan on or off, etc.

But in Portland, when content is shared from a Polycom system to a Cisco telepresence MX700 built-in dual screen unit... content shared TO that system is displayed larger than the screen.  Effectively some of the content is LOST in translation... so to speak.  ;)

The tech in that office found that if we dump the source resolution down to 1024x768, the image shows up correctly.  But we obviously don't want to have to use 1024x768 on ALL our computers, including ones with 1080p and higher resolution screens.

The software on that MX700 is TC.7.3.3.  I imagine it might need to be upgraded to fix the problem.  But after upgrading our SX80 here in Auburn to the latest and greatest software, and possibly loosing some functionality with the upgrade, I'd definitely like to ask the community which software they would recommend, and did upgrading help solve this very issue?

Thank you.

Glenn Merkel

Helpdesk Technician

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
There is no overscan option on the MX700.
Do you see this only the MX700 side, what about on the Polycom side?
Recommended software is CE9, current version is CE9.2.4.

That is correct.  When you see the computer content being sent from the Polycom system TO the MX700, the MX700 can't display the entire screen... it's like it's missing part of the image.  (Hence my overscan comment.)

But the folks on the Polycom side don't know anything is wrong, because their projector or monitors show the complete image just fine.

And no, we obviously aren't running the current software revision on that Cisco Telepresence.  But we aren't even running the same TYPE of software you are suggesting, since our system is running the TC software, not the CE software.

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

Reading your description - the MX is trying to display content coming from a laptop/Polycom endpoint while in a call? In that case the MX is going to display whatever the Polycom endpoint is sending it, no settings on the MX side will change that. Unless I'm misreading your problem/solution your issue is on the laptop/Polycom settings, not the MX. What Polycom endpoint is being used in this case?

The Polycom system sending to the MX700 is an HDX 8000 HD system.

There are actually some fixes in CE9.2.x regarding content sharing from Polycom that may or may not address your issue.  At minimum, you could try upgrading to TC7.3.12 first, then if that doesn't work, go to CE9.2.4.  TC software is end of life and you should be looking to move off it anyway.