cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TelePresence Server 8710

David Wilson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, we are running 2 x TelePresence Server 8710 blades (ver.4.0) in a MSE 8050 chassis (ver. 2.3).  They are both managed by TelePresence Conductor (ver. XC3.0.3). One of the blades is configured as a slave.  If the master fails, will the calls be moved to the slave or will the calls need to be re-negotiated / connected?  Unfortunately being in production, testing this is difficult.  If the calls are not passed over when failure occurs, I will use both blades to gain a higher capacity of Virtual Rooms and spread the load.

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are the 8710 blades clustered, and configured as one large TelePresence Server, or are they added in Conductor as individual conference bridges within a bridge pool?

If they are a cluster, then when the master TelePresence Server goes down, so does the slave, you should add your 8710 blades individually within Conductor to gain redundancy.  In either case if the a conference bridge that is hosting a conference goes down, Conductor will not automatically recreate the conference or reconnect the endpoints, you'll need to use TMS to reconnect them or have end participants reconnect themselves by dialing back into the conference.

Hi Patrick, there are three TPS’s that Conductor can see and send a conference to. Two of them are on VM’s and the third is on a blade in the MSE 8050.  They are all running TPS for VM and are all on the same ver. When you log into the MSE 8050 you can see two TPS blades.  One of them is configured as a slave and the other, is the one Conductor uses. TMS does not schedule to TPS, we have an 8510 MCU that takes conferences from TMS. We use the TPS’s for VMR’s that have been setup permanently for schools and departments. I am wondering what will happen to a conference on the MSE TPS blade if it fails, does the conference need to be reconnected? Sorry, I hope I have not confused you.  

If a conference bridge fails or goes down, the participants will need to reconnect, Conductor will then pick another conference bridge to recreate the conference on.