cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TelePresence XS20 Integration with Google meet

Tokookot29
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, can you tel me does Cisco TelePresence XS20 connect with Google Meet? 

4 Replies 4

Hi,

Unfortunately the latest release of RoomOs available for SX series is 9 and it does not support Webrtc Google Meetings.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

The only option I’m aware of for older SIP endpoints is Synergy Sky but that isn’t free. Personally, I’d rather spend that money on refreshing the codec.

Hi Jonathan,

You are correct Synergy SKY is not free, but you get quite a lot of value for the price.  When it comes to Google, even the newest codec still has limited support for Google Meet through Direct Guest Join https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/nxx11sk/Join-Google-Meet-meetings-on-your-Cisco-device 

The one that seem to be the biggest showstoppers for our customers is no content sharing from the video device (your user would have to know to go to a website to share content instead of at the video device) - we share both ways right from the Cisco device, same as Webex.  We also provide participant lists, native layouts, and other interactive features.  But the real value is we do this for Teams, Google and Zoom ... providing a single solution that will connect you to Webex, Google, Microsoft Teams and Zoom with the same user experience (your Cisco device), regardless of who invites you.  You can now join these meeting types even if the person who invited you doesn't have a CVI, CRC, or Google gateway.

You can join meetings by One Button To Push, by Meeting ID, or manual SIP URI dialing (for your guests).

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

By default, no the older SX series is not capable of doing so like the newer endpoints can.

If you have appropriate infrastructure, then you can gateway a call from a SIP/H.323 endpoint to Google meet - one example of such as gateway is ]pexip[.

Also keep in mind that the SX series is very old, and goes completely end of support later this year, so you should consider replacing it with a newer and supportable model in any case.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.