Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TMS 15.3 - Active Directory settings

marco_81
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i'm going to ask some information about the ability to import some users from Active Directory for auto login purpose against TMS web administration page.

Creating local users on the windows server machine - hosting the TMS web application , gives them the ability to log-in  without providing credentials in the windows authentication form. What i want to do is importing only users belonging to a specific AD group , so they can autenticate against TMS web administration without providing credentials. I found this path for the configuration Administrative Tools -> Configuration -> Network Settings -> Active Directory panel. Did anyone try this before? Could you please provide one example on how to fill the AD parameters to import a specific AD group? 

Do i need to add the hosting windows server to Domain Controller also?

thanks

regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, the Windows server that's hosting TMS needs to be in the domain to be able to authenticate users logging into it. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marco_81
Level 1
Level 1

from TMS Admin Guide - Adding Active Directory groups seems to be the steps needed. Adding windows server to Domain Controller is also a step needed?

thanks

Yes, the Windows server that's hosting TMS needs to be in the domain to be able to authenticate users logging into it.