Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO VCS AND MEETING PLACE AS A VIDEO BRIDGE

symon-phares_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I have a CUCM setup with Cisco Unified Meeting Place with software bridge for voice and video. I want to bring in Video endpoints registered to VCS but want to use the meeting place as the conference bridge(Multipoint switch)

Please advise if this is possible and also advise on the best design for the VCS and Call Manger environment.

Regards

Symon phares

2 Replies 2

sunr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello

I dont think this is possible with software bridge, you will need atleast MCU  for video conferencing. if you want invoke conference from CUCM endpoints then register MCU with CUCM as conference bridge . If you want to invoke from VCS then you need MCU register to VCS.

Regards

Sundar

Cisco Unified Meeting Place is already acting as a video Bridge for the SX20 units registered on the Call Manager. To allow for SIP compatility calls from the Internet, introducing the VCS expressway will be the solution.

If these calls are forwarded to the Meeting Place, shoukd it not be possible to join an already active video conference on meeting Place?

Just thinking aloud.

Comment.

Symon Phares

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: