cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WebEX DX80 Registration

Amr Abdelazim
Level 1
Level 1

i am trying to register a Cisco WebEx DX80 to WebEx cloud but it give me a message Not able to contact Webex service. A firewall may be blocking this system from connecting

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What software version is it on? I believe it needs to be 9.15 to know of the latest certificates being used. If older, download the software from Cisco.com and install locally or try using cloud upgrader.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What software version is it on? I believe it needs to be 9.15 to know of the latest certificates being used. If older, download the software from Cisco.com and install locally or try using cloud upgrader.

The current software version is CE 9.7.1, i will try 9.15 and feedback you, but i found three files for version 9.15 which are cmterm-s52040ce9_15_16_5.k3.cop.sgn, cmterm-s52040ce9_15_16_5.k4.cop.sha512 and s52040ce9_15_16_5.pkg, should i use s52040ce9_15_16_5.pkg for the upgrade?? 

i had upgraded it to 9.15 and is registered successfully, many thanks for your support, have a nice day 

It is likely that a firewall is blocking the traffic between your video conference endpoint and the Webex cloud. Please check with your firewall team to open the required ports for Webex endpoint registration and media.

For more information on the network requirements for Webex, please see the following link:

https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/WBX000028782/Network-Requirements-for-Webex-Services#id_134132

Additionally, as mentioned by @Jonathan Schulenberg, please try upgrading your DX80 to the latest firmware from the Cisco Software Center.

i tried to connect it to DSL router direct, but same issue found