Helpful
Replies

ciscoMeetingServer 2.0.6 SRV records

maqsood ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

is the SRV records for  ISP is good  for  CiscoMeetingServer 2.0.6

A  record for ISP DNS

Querytype        Name                                                   TTL       Class                            Type                Response
A                      call-bridge.example.gov.in                  3600       IN                                  A                   88.102.237.1
A                    xmpp.example.gov.in                           3600         IN                                A                     88.102.237.1
A                    join.example.gov.in                             3600          IN                                 A                    88.102.237.1

SRV Records:  for ISP  DNS

SRV          _xmpp-client._tcp.example.gov.in         3600          SRV               10 10 5222    xmpp.example.gov.in
SRV           _xmpp-server._tcp.example.gov.in       3600         SRV               10 10 5269     xmpp.example.gov.in
SRV          _sipfederationtls._tcp.example.gov.in 3600           SRV                10 10              call-bridge.example.gov.in
SRV     _sipinternaltls._tcp.JOM-lyncfe01.example.gov.in 3600 SRV           10 10             fe.lync-example.gov.in

INTERNAL DNS -A record

A             cmsedge.example.gov.in                   3600                       IN                 A                              172.179.5.76
A             cmsedgeadmin.example.gov.in         3600                    IN                    A                             172.179.5.76
A             cmscore.example.gov.in                    3600 IN A                                                                  172.163.1.96
A             cmscoreadmin.example.gov.in         3600 IN A                                                                   172.163.1.96
A            mo-lyncfe01.example.gov.in               3600 IN A                                                               172.161.1.60

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

SRV          _xmpp-client._tcp.example.gov.in         3600          SRV                5222    LB.example.gov.in
SRV           _xmpp-server._tcp.example.gov.in       3600         SRV                5269     LB.example.gov.in
SRV          _sipfederationtls._tcp.example.gov.in 3600           SRV                 5061    sip.example.gov.in

A Record for Webbridge, Load balancer and SIPEDGE page
meetings.example.gov.in   IN A  x.x.x.x
sip.example.gov.in     IN A  x.x.x.x
LB.example.gov.in   IN A  x.x.x.x

additionally how can i add another DNS IP  on edge server  pointing towards external interface  INT-B  ,,

just add another vNIC in Edge VMmachine and assign that interface to the component you want to use. suppose vNIC 3 is your additional IP.

vNIC3 = interface c  

assign it on webrbidge

webbridge listen a:443  b:443 c:443

HTH
AMMAR

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

SRV records used by Cisco Meeting Server are covered in Appendix A of the CMS Deployment Guides.  Refer to the guide that matches your deployment, ie: Singe Combined, Single Split, or Scalability & Resilience.

Actually , the CMS guide is not clear about the  Public ip address needed , iam have no idea the number of  public address needed and for how many services and what services, particularly about  load balancer.

xmpp.example.com

join.example.com

ukedge.example.com

ukcore1.example.com

call-bridge.example.com

You need a public IP address for every CMS service you plan on using and needs to be accessibly outside the firewall.  The deployment guide explains what each record resolves to with a description, when you read the information from Appendix A, refer to the diagram in Appendix B for a visual explanation.

Thank u Patrick ! currently  my  CMS app and webrtc Chrome  is working good, iam using internal  DNS for both  Edge and Core CMs server , what if i want to enable the webrtc thru internet and edge cms server DNS does not allow for a public DNS ip  to configure. 

Currently , the webbridge service (edge) dns resolve to  https:meeting.company.com  using internal dns ,,,and i want this same  url ( https:..meeting.company.com)  thru internet to work ... 

how can i do it ! 

you load your WebRTC component in your Edge server on two interfaces INTA and INTB and then you NAT your public Interface which is INTB.

within internal DNS record you point the FQDN meetings.company.com to INTA

then you also point the same FQDN for outside users within Public DNS pointing to Public IP Address which is then NATed to int B.

you cannot load Webbridge component on CMS Core as CMS Edge cannot proxy WebRTC traffic. so it must be loaded on Edge to work for both inside and outside users.

you just need min 1 public IP address to run all services WEBRTC, SIP, LoadBalancer and Lync Federation.

HTH

AMMAR 

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

thank u ammar !

i will get back to u when iam done with task as stated above ,,,and let u know how i did it ...

thank for insight and yes,,,for clarification...

looking at you original post again. following 2 records are not required if you have single Callbridge component on Core which is further integrating with MSFT lync environemnt..  2 callbridges are required if you are clustering.  for each callrbdige you need webadmin. and if you are not using callbridge component on Edge server. then following records are not required.
A             cmsedge.example.gov.in                   3600                       IN                 A                              172.179.5.76
A             cmsedgeadmin.example.gov.in         3600                    IN                    A                             172.179.5.76
you are also publishing lync internal record in your ISP .which is also not required.
SRV     _sipinternaltls._tcp.JOM-lyncfe01.example.gov.in 3600 SRV           10 10             fe.lync-example.gov.in
HTH
AMMAR

Hi All

If i deploy single server combined model using with expressway which dns and srv record should i configure internal and external dns can you please provide me ?

If my CMS ip would be  10.34.10.2 

Thanks

Thanks.

DNS records are listed in the deployment guides, you'll want to configure your CMS based on the CMS Single Combined Deployment Guide, and then on the Expressway Options with Cisco Meeting Server and/or Microsoft Infrastructure.

Dear maqsood,

have you done with A and Srv records ????

kindly help me how many SRV and A records you advertised in External DNS 

dear ammar !

Could u pls write to me what  SRV records needed for  external DNS ( ISP )

to run services webrtc, loadbalancer ..and sip ..

additionally how can i add another DNS IP  on edge server  pointing towards external interface  INT-B  ,,

u r response is appreciated  !

SRV          _xmpp-client._tcp.example.gov.in         3600          SRV                5222    LB.example.gov.in
SRV           _xmpp-server._tcp.example.gov.in       3600         SRV                5269     LB.example.gov.in
SRV          _sipfederationtls._tcp.example.gov.in 3600           SRV                 5061    sip.example.gov.in

A Record for Webbridge, Load balancer and SIPEDGE page
meetings.example.gov.in   IN A  x.x.x.x
sip.example.gov.in     IN A  x.x.x.x
LB.example.gov.in   IN A  x.x.x.x

just add another vNIC in Edge VMmachine and assign that interface to the component you want to use. suppose vNIC 3 is your additional IP.

vNIC3 = interface c  

assign it on webrbidge

webbridge listen a:443  b:443 c:443

HTH
AMMAR

you just need min 1x public IP address. Direct or NATEd you choice.

you can run all services on a single IP Address no matter you choose single combined or Split.

for scalable and resilent deployment, you can use multiple Public IP addresses if you desire so.

Hi Patrick

I have gone through all the information in deployment guide. My issue is i already have srv record created _xmpp-server._tcp.example.com for my skype/lynch client and port used is 5269. what can be done in such cases? changing priority or weight will help?