cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS Turn Server Required?

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

I'm having trouble getting some straight answers on this.

If you are using CMS completely internal in a single combined server deployment, do you need any TURN server configuration for webbridge and CMA clients to work?

Assuming you do need a TURN server in that type of environment, how should it be configured?  Just through MMP?  MMP and on the webadmin?  MMP, webadmin, and through API?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there should be no need for TURN as most likely you're using an internal IP that any device can reach and reach the CallBridge directly.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As Jaime mentions, if this CMS is to be used internal only, TURN shouldn't be needed as long as there isn't anything preventing communication to-from CMS and the user.  However, if you're using CMS externally, than TURN would be needed.
CMS Deployment Guides cover how to configure the TURN server, you enable TURN through the MMP, and configure the Call Bridge to use it either through the web interface or API.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there should be no need for TURN as most likely you're using an internal IP that any device can reach and reach the CallBridge directly.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello mr. Valencia. Can you clarify one more thing about TURN in CMS.

What about of config TURN server in Scalable and Resilient deployment? When there is a internal and external WebRTC users.

I have a CMS Webbridge nodes based on CMS1k and separate VM of CMS Edge. And in logs of Edge node I see that my internal clients are connecting to CMS Edge Turn server, because of this they are experience low video quality. If I delete TURN server from config video is good. Callbridge is based on CMS2k platform.

Hi, I recommend, that you open a new post with your question.
This question is already 6 years old and already answered, and your question is not really related to the original post.

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As Jaime mentions, if this CMS is to be used internal only, TURN shouldn't be needed as long as there isn't anything preventing communication to-from CMS and the user.  However, if you're using CMS externally, than TURN would be needed.
CMS Deployment Guides cover how to configure the TURN server, you enable TURN through the MMP, and configure the Call Bridge to use it either through the web interface or API.