Views
Helpful
Replies

Codec Pro using HDMI but audio doesn't work

ken_maruu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,teams

I'm new to Codec Pro and trying to connect a PC to Codec Pro by using HDMI cable.

The video is displayed on the screen  perfectly but the audio doesn't work.(no sound)

I'm using HDMI 1 and this is what I set the configuration of HDMI 1.

ken_maruu_2-1652690514798.png

Software VersionRoomOS 10.13.1.5 e1c54e52b73

Are there any other settings that I have to do?

If you need more information or detailed configuration information please let me know.

Any advices would be appreciated. 

4 Replies 4

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you checked the audio settings on your PC to ensure that it is sending its audio out the HDMI port? 

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi,Wayne

Yes I've already checked it. 

Hi,

Did you end up resolving?  I have a site that is having a similar issue and all audio settings in the codec look correct as well.

- AJN.

natalie.bennett
Level 1
Level 1

Try:

Cable:  How long is the HDMI cable?  Is it too long?

Codec:  What model - you mentioned Codec Pro but screenshot above for Codec Pro would show Ethernet audio input before HDMI so wondering if another model, i.e. Room Bar Pro etc?

Software:  What version of RoomOS is the codec on?

Settings on codec:  Video Input (which input port is it? 1 is usually camera) > InputSourceType = PC

As mentioned above, most likely is you need to go to laptop speaker icon (bottom corner near the time) and check the output is via HDMI.  Then on laptop, go into Sound Control Panel > Playback > Select the Cisco unit  > Properties > Advanced > Test.