cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring Cisco mx 700 via web interface

collinks2
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Everyone. I have cisco mx 700 which was installed by Government in our institution. It was previously registered to the old cucm. I have a new cucm 12.5. I want to re-register the mx700 to the new cucm  but the touch panel is nowhere to be found.

The Telepresence has an ipv4 address which is displaying on the screen, I can ping this ip address from my pc but the webpage cant load. Is there something else i need to do before the web page can load

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

battagls
Level 1
Level 1
Hello collinks2.
It is likely that in the device configuration on the CUCM the parameter "NetworkServices HTTP Mode" is set to "Off". So, if the old CUCM is still active and the device is registered to it, change this parameter to HTTPS. Alternatively, you can change the parameter via CLI: once connected in SSH to the device give the command "xConfiguration NetworkServices HTTP Mode: HTTPS".
Kind Regards.
Sergio

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

battagls
Level 1
Level 1
Hello collinks2.
It is likely that in the device configuration on the CUCM the parameter "NetworkServices HTTP Mode" is set to "Off". So, if the old CUCM is still active and the device is registered to it, change this parameter to HTTPS. Alternatively, you can change the parameter via CLI: once connected in SSH to the device give the command "xConfiguration NetworkServices HTTP Mode: HTTPS".
Kind Regards.
Sergio

thanks
I have already done it. what you contributed waa exactly what i did. i
reset the mx 700 first .it acquired new ip and tftp ip and it registered
The challenge i am having now is that i can't do presentation. I think it
requires option key since i am using web

collinks2
Level 5
Level 5

thanks. I did reset first and the mx 700 registered to the new cucm. So i was able to turn it on, The challenge i am having now is the presentation feature. it is not displaying on the screen. On the web interface, it is asking for an option key. The first time we installed it, we were making use of the presentation feature using the touch screen

If you are missing your option key, you should be able to retrieve it again by going to the License Administration Portal (cisco.com).

Select "Get Licenses", then "Telepresence License to resend".   Enter your serial number and click the Search button.

You will then be presented with a list of all the option keys that were provided for that device.   You can then copy the key(s) presented on that page and enter them on to the MX700 via its web interface.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi,i have some challenges. if dial into a cms space from cisco mx 700,the video will not display but audio works well. if i create adhoc conference with mx 700 inclusive, the audio will work but video wont work but 8945 phones and jabber dont have issues with both signals(audio & video) when joined into a space

Is the MX800 in the same device pool as the video phones.

Are there any differences in regions?

Yes it is
Both belong to the same region.