cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTS-500 Display as a Computer Monitor

bryandarnell
Level 1
Level 1

We have a customer who is using the CTS-500 as an external display for a VP's Mac Book Air.  The default picture image on the CTS-500 does not go full screen. 

I have provided the person on-site with the below information; however, they want to know if there is a setting on the display that will change the screen resolution when the Mac Book Air is connected.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/cts_admin/1_8/userguide/cts_ug_tools.html#wp1084800

Using the CTS 500-32 as a Secondary Display

The CTS 500-32 screen is available for use as a secondary monitor for your laptop when not in a call. The following are tips for using the CTS 500-32 as a secondary display for your laptop:

•If you have a document camera and a Cisco Digital Media Player (DMP) connected to the CTS 500-32 and the document camera video does not display during a conference, use the View softkey on the Cisco Unified IP Phone to view the document camera video.

•For sharing presentations when not in a conference, set your resolution to 1024 x 768 @ 60 Hz.

•For using the CTS 500-32 as a computer monitor (local viewing) when not in a conference, you can choose from the following resolutions:

–800 x 600 @ 60 Hz

–1024 x 640 @ 60 Hz

–1024 x 768 @ 60 Hz

–1280 x 800 @ 60 Hz

–1280 x 720 @ 60 Hz

–1920 x 1080 @ 30 Hz

5 Replies 5

Marius Nedregaard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bryan.

I beleve the screen is locked to a 1:1 resolution.

So you will get black frames if you do not run the optimal resolution of 1920x1080

How does your partner connect to the screen?

//Marius

Dharmesh,

I have emailed the IT person in Geneva to have him test both what you and Marius have suggested.  I should hear something back tomorrow, since it is after 6 PM Geneva time.  I appreciate your help and recommendation.

Thanks,
Bryan Darnell

Dharmesh Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I connected a Mac Book Pro to the CTS-500 via HDMI. I was able to set the external monitor to full screen mode by

setting the underscan to off. You can keep the external monitor resolution scale to 1080p. See attached image..

Dharmesh,

I  have emailed the IT person in Geneva to have him test both what you and  Marius have suggested.  I should hear something back tomorrow, since it  is after 6 PM Geneva time.  I appreciate your help and recommendation.

Thanks,
Bryan Darnell

bryandarnell
Level 1
Level 1

Just to update you, the client tried using the second HDMI port on the TV but that didn’t work, but using the main HDMI entry (instead of the codec) it works fine !

So I had to buy a HDMI switch, the problem is that he will have to press manually on it to change the input when he wants to make TP call because it always keep the laptop display by default.

But that’s an acceptable solution so he will live with it.