cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Curious about In-room customization with Creston

Carlos_Henrique
Level 1
Level 1

I need some guidance on how to programming the Touch 10 API's with Creston equipment to control the Blinds and Lights. 

Any starter material i could look into? Does it requires any programming on the Creston side as well? 

If anybody can give me any directions 

2 Replies 2

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Carlos - this guide is a couple of years old, but it does give you a solid overview of how this works. I don't believe there have any significant changes in this functionality:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/ce81/sx-mx-in-room-control-guide-ce81.pdf

To your question on whether you need Crestron programming, the answer is yes. The Crestron is still what's controlling the lights, blinds, etc, what Cisco's in room controls do is give you just one interface in the room. The codec sends the commands to the Crestron to tell it to invoke this command or that command, Crestron has an interface that makes this relatively easy. Good luck!

Thank You PJMack.

I've got this document already. In my case, the Creston is already there and controlling the Lights, Blinds and Cable TV. I'll be soon adding a Tocuh 10 panel and i don't want 2 panels in my table.  

So what needs to be done for the widget i designed on the editor, turns on/off that specific light that Creston controls. To point the widget to command the Creston it's part of the xAPI commands? 

Thank You for the fast response.