Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom Wallpaper to multiple endpoints

Ben Blumson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Has anybody had success using the backup bundle option in CE9 software to push a custom wallpaper to endpoints?  I don't want to use it for any other purpose other than pushing a new wallpaper out.

I've got the wallpaper image in a .zip file in a directory on the TMS server.  I've created a SHA 512 checksum and incorporated that in to the example from the Release Notes.  Template with a Custom Command containing the xml has been made in TMS.  When I run the template on systems, TMS' Template Activity Status says it was a success but of course nothing changes on the endpoint.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I really can't believe it's still so cumbersome just to get a wallpaper on to multiple endpoints after TMS has been around for 10 years.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

According to the release notes, you can restore branding images using that capability, but there is no mention of custom wallpaper, which is disabled by default. It's pretty clear Cisco wants you to use the branding feature going forward. I'd try creating the images you want for branding - that should work. 

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@Magnus Ohm has posted a python script to enable you to upload a custom wallpaper to multiple endpoints in this thread: https://community.cisco.com/t5/telepresence-and-video/change-wallpaper-via-api-for-all-device/m-p/3842205#M97423

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.