Views
Helpful
Replies

Desk Pro Touch forwarding Mac

iurcelay
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My MacBook Pro works perfectly fine with the Desk Pro using the USB-C - USB-C cable except the touch forwarding capability. It is enable in the BYOD part of the endpoint. Indeed if I connect a Win11 PC it works perfectly fine. I've read in the internet that someone managed to do this installing a non oficial driver. Does anyone know this driver?

Thank you in advance

Desk Pro SW Version: RoomOS 11.7.1.6 16945c93906

Mac SW version: Ventura 13.4

3 Replies 3

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Have you made sure, that this feature really is supported and that it should work?

Because you are mentioning an unofficial driver, to me, this sounds that this feature was not implemented by Cisco at all and therefore not supported.

And if you have already read about this driver in the internet, why don't you ask there on those sites?

Edit: In the API guide it states, that you need to connect a HDMI and a USB-cable:

bwinter_0-1691672217564.png

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. Cisco does not specify (or at least I haven’t found it) which OS is supported. The admin guide says:

For content sharing, screen extension (external screen for computer), and touch forwarding capabilities on supported operating systems.

Edit: In the API guide it states, that you need to connect a HDMI and a USB-cable:

bwinter_0-1691672217564.png

I also tried that, but then the touch button on the screen disappears. 

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

macOS doesn’t support capacitive touch displays natively. You can purchase Touch Base UPDD software (not an endorsement) to add this capability if desired.