cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable main screen icons on SX20

jpelletier
Level 1
Level 1

Since I am using a 3rd party control system (Crestron), I would like to remove the on screen icons for dial and share since they are not relevant. Is there any way to do this? Since I don't see an obvious place in the settings, I am hoping it may be a command I could send via Telnet or something to that effect.

9 Replies 9

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

You didn't mention the SW version you are running, but on TC7.3 the command to disable the OSD (On screen display) is on page 77 of the API guide

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/quick-set-sx20/tc7/api-reference-guide/codec-sx20-api-reference-guide-tc73.pdf

ce 9.1.3 - I believe that option has been removed in subsequent versions after 7.3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Sounds like you're running CE software, you could try uploading a custom wallpaper. A custom wallpaper does hide some OSD elements, the Call and Share buttons might be one of them.

I do have a custom wallpaper, but it doesn't remove the Call/Share icons.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you're only using a single screen on your SX20 (and not Dual-Display), then connecting your screen to the second video output stops the OSD from displaying.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

It worked by swapping to output 2. I did have to set the horizontal offset to -1. It was set, not sure by default, to 1; it cropped the image on both sides. Setting it to 0 did not change, but once set to -1, it seems normal.

All this being said though, I did find a better solution. Simply by changing the OSD out to 2 in the User Interface menu. (I am indeed only using one display, so this is a doable workaround. I do have a room with dual display that will need a different method of trickery...

The ability to hide the default GUI panel buttons was added in software release CE9.6.1 in January 2019.  You can do it with the following command:

xConfiguration Peripherals InputDevice Mode: Off / On
Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

jared.foreman
Level 1
Level 1

Login to WebUI

Setup -> Configuration ->UserInterface

Under Features set "Hide All" to TRUE.

Icons gone.

lukasburnes
Level 1
Level 1

User Interface -> Hide All : True

User Interface -> Share Start : Hidden