Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dual display setup for codec pro

I need to setup the codec pro with 2 monitors connected (HDMI 1 and 2).

I want this to achieve:

1. When in call (no prensentation), local camera view will show in monitor 1 and far end in monitor 2.

2. When there is presentation, local camera view and far end in monitor 1 and presentation monitor 2.

What is the proper setting for video output and monitor roles?

My current configuration is:

Video > monitor: Dual

Video > output > connector 1 > monitor role : First

Video > output > connector 2 > monitor role : Second

what is happening whit this configuration is, if there is a call without presentation,  local cam view and far end are showing in monitor 1 and black in monitor 2. If there is presentation, the content in monitor 2 and both local and far end cam view in monitor 1.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

You won't be able to do exactly what you're doing automatically. The monitor role of "first" will always show the far end video (if there's any to show), and "second" is content. You can reverse the roles, but the far end video will always be on the first monitor. As for selfview - you can set it to be always on and fullscreen, if you do that you will get far end video on one and local on the other if there is no content. I'm not 100% sure if the fullscreen will turn to PIP when you have far end video and content - you'd have to try that. That said - I'd suggest discouraging your users from having selfview on all the time - it's really distracting and can be disruptive as a result. I work for a company with hundreds of video endpoints, we do not turn it on all the time. My 2 cents. As for your settings - take a look at page 316 for selfview setting options. https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/roomos-115/desk-room-board-administration-guide-roomos-115.pdf

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

You won't be able to do exactly what you're doing automatically. The monitor role of "first" will always show the far end video (if there's any to show), and "second" is content. You can reverse the roles, but the far end video will always be on the first monitor. As for selfview - you can set it to be always on and fullscreen, if you do that you will get far end video on one and local on the other if there is no content. I'm not 100% sure if the fullscreen will turn to PIP when you have far end video and content - you'd have to try that. That said - I'd suggest discouraging your users from having selfview on all the time - it's really distracting and can be disruptive as a result. I work for a company with hundreds of video endpoints, we do not turn it on all the time. My 2 cents. As for your settings - take a look at page 316 for selfview setting options. https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/roomos-115/desk-room-board-administration-guide-roomos-115.pdf