cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DX80 - Andriod Proxy settings

Richard Simmons
Level 3
Level 3

Is there a way to push Proxy settings into Andriod on the DX80? I have configured the IP Phone Proxy Server but this doesn't propagate into Andriod, would this need to be assigned via DHCP or is there a better option?

Thanks,

Richard

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Martin,

Thanks for getting back to me, it appears that Andriod ignore's the DHCP option 252 - looks like this will have to be set manually or as you say via so form of MDM.

Regards,

Richard

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Richard!

I did not had much time, but I was just curious, a dhcp request at least does not seem to request any proxy settings, nor did I see any requests for proxy.pac/wpad dat when booting/accessing a website.

The ethernet/wifi options have an auto proxy option, but that one seems to be disabled by default.

I did not see anything on cucm that you can remote set that option.

For now it looks to me that you would need some android device management to do that.

If you use things which do a direct http request (like extension mobility) you also would need to check that they are excluded in your proxy script (or you need some testing how it behaves).

Also the admin guide did not really state something, besides manually configuring the auto mode, ...

If you do not get a better answer here I would ask you to talk to your Cisco representative. If I am correct on what I see you could consider filing a feature request.

Please rate messages with the stars below and set the thread to answered if it is.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin,

Thanks for getting back to me, it appears that Andriod ignore's the DHCP option 252 - looks like this will have to be set manually or as you say via so form of MDM.

Regards,

Richard