Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

E20 freezes after proxied registration via VCS-E

I'm trying to get E20s to register using VCS-E as a proxy - note I'm not doing provisioning on the E20s.

I've got authentication disabled and everything set to "treat as authenticated" for the time being, just for testing.

The E20 can register fine directly to VCS-C, but when I try to register via VCS-E the E20 shows it's SIP URI in the top right as though it had registetred but immidiately freezes for about 3 minutes and eventually reboots.  We have Jabber using the exact same traversal zone and subzone registering fine.

I've got our firewall open to and from the E20 for the time being just to rule that out also.

Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

Danny De Ridder
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When having a crash or reload, you should get the logfiles and send thme over. Diagnostics -> Logs menu from web access. However, I think in this case the reload is due to CSCue59199 -Boot: SIPAUTH error: unable to clear signature (gState=1). This is recently fixed in release TE4.1.3. I cannot seem to find the release on CCO though. We had a PSIRT recently explained here which requires TE4.1.3 on E20.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/csa/cisco-sa-20130619-tpc.html

I can see we have TE4.1.3RC1 release, so we could try that release on your E20?

Do you have a CCO account? If so, please send me an email with your CCO ID and I can publish the image for you on CCO to download it.

Danny.

PM sent, I'll give it a go!