Views
Helpful
Replies

Error #1684957 TMS connection Error found in the TMSPE

Arbenjamin
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

In our VC network system, there are serveral VCS with different software version, for example,

VCS - A with s.w 7.1 form a TMSPE with TMS s.w 13.2

VCS - B with s.w 5.2 run the TMS agent mode with TMS.

The problem is, for all the endpoints registered with to VCS - B, there is a error report(

Error #1684957 TMS connection Error). We are confrimed the endpoint configuration havent modify, and this error affect different type of the VC endpoint, included MXP, C-series and EX- series.

In the TMSPE release notes, we can't found any notice regarding this error, does anyone face the same problem as well ?

Best Regards,

Ben

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Lai

Is this the ticket that you see on the systems? I do not understand what TMSPE has to do with this error especially on the MXP systems as you say also experience this problem. Usually when this error is raised there is a connection problem between the endpoint and TMS, No HTTP response or No SNMP response or something like that. Does the system have the connection status "Idle" when you see this ticket set on the system?

As Jens is saying you cannot run TMSPE with 5.2 (you can also not run TMSPE and TMSAgent legacy simultaniously on the same TMS).

Please verify the connection status of the endpoints affected, it might not have anything to do with the configuration but rather something on the network that is preventing the TMS from reaching the systems.

Please let me know if I have misunderstood here but to me it seems like there is a connection issue and nothing to do with TMSPE. I might have misunderstood you so if I have, please provide more details, perhaps a screenshot?

/Magnus

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

TMSPE won't work with x5.2 - VCS-C must be x7.1 or later.

Suggest you consult the TMPSE Deployment Guide.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Lai

Is this the ticket that you see on the systems? I do not understand what TMSPE has to do with this error especially on the MXP systems as you say also experience this problem. Usually when this error is raised there is a connection problem between the endpoint and TMS, No HTTP response or No SNMP response or something like that. Does the system have the connection status "Idle" when you see this ticket set on the system?

As Jens is saying you cannot run TMSPE with 5.2 (you can also not run TMSPE and TMSAgent legacy simultaniously on the same TMS).

Please verify the connection status of the endpoints affected, it might not have anything to do with the configuration but rather something on the network that is preventing the TMS from reaching the systems.

Please let me know if I have misunderstood here but to me it seems like there is a connection issue and nothing to do with TMSPE. I might have misunderstood you so if I have, please provide more details, perhaps a screenshot?

/Magnus

Arbenjamin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jen,

There is a understanding between us, as there are two separate VCS in our network,

VCS - A with s.w 7.1 form a TMSPE with TMS s.w 13.2

VCS - B with s.w 5.2 run the TMS agent mode with TMS.

We know the TMS PE is not working with VCS 5.2, but we are using the TMS agent mode.

So, any release note clarify that TMSPE and TMSAgent legacy simultaniously can't run on the same TMS?

Many many thanks.

Best Regards,

Ben

Hi

TMSPE replaces the TMSAgent legacy so as I said in my previous post you cannot run both simultaniously on the same TMS.

You need to get a second TMS server in that case that runs TMSAgent Legacy.

/Magnus

TMSPE replaces the TMSAgent legacy so as I said in my previous post you cannot run both simultaniously on the same TMS.

You need to get a second TMS server in that case that runs TMSAgent Legacy.

What Magnus says in his first sentence abvove is very true. You cannot run both (TMSPE and Legacy TMS Agent) simultaneously on one TMS server. And as far as his second sentence concerning setting up a second TMS so has to run Legacy TMS Agent. This isn't something that I/we would recommend since only one TMS should be in the network from a TMS management point of view...meaning introducing another TMS can simply complicate 'management' matters in other areas, e.g. system monitoring, scheduling, PBs, sw upgrades, etc. I would strongy recommmend getting everything running with TMSPE which means upgrading your VCSs

Dale

TMS CIBU

Agree with Dale. Upgrade your VCS going to save you a whole lot of other issues.

/Magnus

Hi Lai, Also pls refer the following document https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-25176.

Why to uprade to TMSPE. This doc covers the limitations of the  TMSAgent system and the reasons why Cisco is recommending all customers  upgrade to TMSPE.

Dear all,

Thank for all of kindly reply , it help me a lot in this trouble-shoot.

Actually, the afftected endpoints included many VC series, with different firmware, I agreed that upgrade the vcs is the best solution to solve the issue.

We are apprecaited for all to answer to me.

Best Regards,

Ben