Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway E overlap in srv records

csco10580709
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

In a expressway design, which use a MRA expressway cluster for registering and another cluster for B2B call(and jabberGuest).
We use the domain name "example.com"
This means that jabber clients and video endpoint use URI's like xxxx@example.com when registering through MRA cluster.
When external makes call to a jabber client or a videoendpoint on the domain "example.com" call should go through the B2B cluster.
Question:
The SRV record sips 5061 must be made on the domain "example.com" but where should it point to, the MRA cluster or B2B Cluster?

Henry

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For MRA, you only need the collab-edge SRV record.  According to the Expressway admin guide, it says the sips SRV record isn't needed for mobile and remove access.  The sips SRV should point to your B2B Expressway cluster, for inbound calling. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

moyo oyegunle
Level 1
Level 1

This is a pretty interesting design not seen it done before but in theory it should work.The DNS records for MRA(collabedge) and normal service resolution(srv) are different. You should create a SRV record for sips(sip and h323 if you also use them) for each node in the B2B cluster and a collabedge record for each MRA cluster node on the external domain side. You will still need to work on how the calls are routed.

For MRA, you only need the collab-edge SRV record.  According to the Expressway admin guide, it says the sips SRV record isn't needed for mobile and remove access.  The sips SRV should point to your B2B Expressway cluster, for inbound calling. 

Hi Patrick

Thanks for your reply, it was what I had hoped for but I did not find it in the documentation. I will go on with my project and point the SIPS 5061 records to the B2B cluster.

If you run into any issues when you test B2B and MRA, let us know. After you test and there are no issues, don't forget to mark your question as answered. 

Regarding documentation, what I found was in he MRA admin guide in the DNS section. I'm on my phone so I can't provide a link or page number at the moment.  

I have performed a similar deployment earlier this year and what you have stated above I have found functional.

Single with MRA and B2B

Single Cluster for JGuest

Same domain

If you run into issues around this please share, I would like to hear them.