Views
Helpful
Replies

External Speakers with DX80

sabih
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Can we use external speakers with cisco DX-80?

Thank you.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

If you can find speakers that can connect via USB or Bluetooth, the DX80 does support headsets with either interface. Other than that, no, there is no straight audio output jack. 

View solution in original post

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can use bluetooth speakers with the DX80 as long as they support HFP (Hands Free Protocol).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

If you can find speakers that can connect via USB or Bluetooth, the DX80 does support headsets with either interface. Other than that, no, there is no straight audio output jack. 

Thank you so much for your response :)

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can use bluetooth speakers with the DX80 as long as they support HFP (Hands Free Protocol).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hello Wayne, 

Thank you for your response.

How is this done? I see no Bluetooth options anywhere on the DX80.

What version of SW are you running on yours? It's been in CE code for quite some time. 

ce 8.3.4 Final 99243f7 2017-10-24

Device: DX80 TANDBERG

I'm running CE8.3 also - just go to the "gear" in the upper left, settings, and bluetooth is there in the audio section. Turn it on and it will start scanning for devices. If you don't see it it's possible (not sure) that the CUCM settings can block it, I know you can do that with 8865's etc. 

Or is there an USB speakerphone compatible with the DX80? Looking to avoid reaching over to the touchscreen (in full view of the participants) to mute and unmute.