cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

High latency in monitor detected

OrangeJuice
Level 1
Level 1

Keep getting this diagnostics error. What could be causing it?

Any settings to check on the monitor or Cisco web configuration? Are there any cabling type or distance requirements to be aware of (HDMI 2.1 should handle the bitrates)?

Seems to be happening on some Cisco Webex Room Kit Plus units with larger 98" displays.

4 Replies 4

Are you using anything in between the codec and the displays - e.g. video input switchers, HDMI extenders etc that could be introducing latency?

In any case, try putting the display into "game mode" or similar setting if available.

Just say my partner post in the google search just now LoL.

The monitors in question are an LG Digital SIgnage Display model number 98UM3E-B and 86UM3E-B. Bother a 4K60 compatible monitors. The only setting anywhere in the display(s) that resemble "Game Mode" is in the Audio settings, and we've changed that a couple of times just now. Yet however, the Cisco Codec changes it back via CEC to Standard. The best part about this is that we're not even using audio out of the monitor but out of the LineOut to a SHURE P300 DSP. We've also tried different HDMI cables from ones we've ordered to the HDMI cable that comes with the RoomKit. 

"Wait... you want to do what now???"

@THEJoeyShell wrote:

LineOut to a SHURE P300 DSP.

That would be where your audio delay is being added, and why you are receiving the warning message on the codec.   If you are doing all the audio processing on the Shure, and use it to handle all the AEC, then you can disable the AEC on the Codec which will get rid of this message.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I am facing challenges with Audio delay in Room Kit Pro. I am feeding Shure receiver audio directly to codec microphone input and line output of codec is connected to Extron amplifier followed by Extron ceiling speakers. Audio delay is been noticed locally in the room when presenter speaks over Shure microphone the audio of the presenter is heard over speakers with ~1/2 second of delay. Is there a solution to fix this?