cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to build a UI extension to start WebRTC calls?

iAbdulaziz93
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Cisco Community.

I have a WebRTC application. I want to build a UI extension (using Macros or something else) for Cisco screens. This UI extension will have, as an example, a field to enter the meeting ID and a button to join the meeting hosted on my WebRTC application. The UI extension could use my API to check for example if the meeting exists or not, etc. After joining the meeting, I want this UI extension to use RoomOS's UI or a custom UI/Frame to show the meeting.

- Is this possible?

- If yes, how? Which technologies should I use (Macros, Panels, xAPI, etc.)?

Examples about the above request, but the below Macros are using SIP:

RoomOS for Collab Devices (cisco.com)

RoomOS for Collab Devices (cisco.com)

Used screen: Desk Pro.

RoomOS version: Latest version.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@iAbdulaziz93 wrote:

- Is this possible?

Yes, that would be possible.  But it may not be as simple as you think.  

You many need to use all of those depending on the functionality and look and feel of what you want.  You will also need to make sure that the Web Engine is enabled on the devices you wish to run a WebRTC App on.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

1) You'll need to have the WebEngine Running for your WebRTC application to be able to work on the unit.

2) For the commands that are available on the endpoints, you can refer to the API Reference Guide, and for the user interface extensions, there is the Customisation Guide.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@iAbdulaziz93 wrote:

- Is this possible?

Yes, that would be possible.  But it may not be as simple as you think.  

You many need to use all of those depending on the functionality and look and feel of what you want.  You will also need to make sure that the Web Engine is enabled on the devices you wish to run a WebRTC App on.

Wayne

Hi, @Wayne DeNardi.

Thanks for your helpful reply!

Some more questions if you allow me:

1. You mentioned that the WebEngine should be enabled, does that mean my UI extension at the end should host and run a WebView/WebEngine to run my WebRTC application? Or the WebEngine is just needed here to render or handle the WebRTC application behind the scenes, and I could use any UI element/solution that the RoomOS offers, like Panels, etc.?

2. Do you have any helpful resources to start and accomplish this request?

Thanks!

1) You'll need to have the WebEngine Running for your WebRTC application to be able to work on the unit.

2) For the commands that are available on the endpoints, you can refer to the API Reference Guide, and for the user interface extensions, there is the Customisation Guide.

Wayne